Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 2001 748 , Im thinking of getting the SpeedyMoto top triple clamp as you can have the bars raised 3/4 inch which would take some of the stress off the wrists, im not looking to alter the height a large degree, does anyone done this and is it worth the investment

·
Registered
57 Posts
This might be worth a thought, I bought slightly flatter Bonamici bars for my 749 which really made a big difference. Surprising what a few less degrees does for your wrists!

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
You can also just get raised clipons.

Reactions: TNR

·
Premium Member
5,679 Posts
Fast by Ferracci used to offer a set of bar clamps that flattened the angle just a bit. It was just the clamps, you reinstall the original bars. I have them on my 916 and it made a noticeable difference. Went from the OEM feels-like-you're-grabbing-the-front-axle, to something more tolerable. Never going to be comfortable, but you know that going in. Flattening the angle with these clamps gave me about a inch of rise at the bar ends. No problems with fairing clearance like you may run in to if trying to add height with traditional risers.

In my case adding a bit of rise wasn't really about taking weight off my wrists. You still have that. I needed to have a little less neck angle. I now have to "look up" less to see ahead. That was killing me with the OEM bars. Everybody is different in this regard though. If you're after getting weight off your wrists, there are risers that will fit this bike, but only you know what is significant enough. Working on your riding position and improving core strength can make a bigger difference...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Bar risers are easier to install, and probably cheaper.

Although you do need to change brake and clutch fluid brackets to stop them hitting your nose cone if you go this route.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I think it's worth the investment because to my eye those triples look really good and they do make quite a noticeable difference to the height of the clipons
I can't comment on the comfort factor once the clipons are at that altered height because I found them too high and lowered them back to the stock height.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts