Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I hope everyone is safe and trying to enjoy the summer. I am trying to install a set of SpeedyMoto 50mm tall boys Clip-ons with risers on my GT 1000 and I simply cannot make them work. Can someone please post some pictures of these are supposed to be installed and the angle the risers and omni bars are supposed to go?
I appreciate your help in advance.

Thanks.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
What seems to be the issue? SEveral years ago, I had these on my GT1000, both tall boys and omni bars. It worked. From you photo, you seem to have the bars forward quite a bit. My mechanic was able to pull them in and I remember we worked with the steering stops to enable best turning angles without the bars hitting the tank. I now have tall ST3 (or ST4?) clipons that work well too. I'll post a picture.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What seems to be the issue? SEveral years ago, I had these on my GT1000, both tall boys and omni bars. It worked. From you photo, you seem to have the bars forward quite a bit. My mechanic was able to pull them in and I remember we worked with the steering stops to enable best turning angles without the bars hitting the tank. I now have tall ST3 (or ST4?) clipons that work well too. I'll post a picture.
I just cannot bring them in, if I try to the controls hit the tank. I was looking at the pictures of how SportClassic Clip-ons sit, and the angle is completely different. I keep on thinking that I am doing it wrong.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Try swapping the left and right sides so the top bolts are in front of the clipons. Looks like this will move the bars back so you’ll need less rotation. Usually the bars are angled down (yours are angle back).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try swapping the left and right sides so the top bolts are in front of the clipons. Looks like this will move the bars back so you’ll need less rotation. Usually the bars are angled down (yours are angle back).
Let me try that and I will take some pictures on the way. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts