Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all, just installed some of these and have a quick question to other who have them. Mine rotate almost freely and I am just wondering if this is normal or I have installed incorrectly?

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
hi all, just installed some of these and have a quick question to other who have them. Mine rotate almost freely and I am just wondering if this is normal or I have installed incorrectly?
Something amiss here, I reckon.

I have SpeedyMoto sliders on my MTS, S4Rs and 848 and they are all tight.

Good luck.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Mine don't spin. Make sure you have them torqued to 44 lb ft, while bracing the other side. Make sure there's also equal amount of threads on each end of the cross bar.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Mine are rock solid and don't budge at all.

You sure you bought the correct sliders? My dealer sold me the wrong ones at first but I knew they weren't right when I started to try and install them. Swapped them out for the right ones and I haven't touched them since. That was over 8,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had another look at these tonight, one side is solid and the other has a very small amount of roatational play :confused::confused::confused: swapped the sides and they were exactly the same. :confused: Definitely the correct sliders, as the bike model is listed on the packaging

·
Registered
55 Posts
had another look at these tonight, one side is solid and the other has a very small amount of roatational play :confused::confused::confused: swapped the sides and they were exactly the same. :confused: Definitely the correct sliders, as the bike model is listed on the packaging
And you checked that there are an equal length of threads protruding from each side of the bolt?
And now that I think of it, are you positive that you have the "grab" washer inserted properly, facing with the teeth down into the slider body? Do you know what part I'm talking about?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And you checked that there are an equal length of threads protruding from each side of the bolt?
And now that I think of it, are you positive that you have the "grab" washer inserted properly, facing with the teeth down into the slider body? Do you know what part I'm talking about?
There is definitely a mark on each washer but no indication of which way it should be installed, so I guess one is on correctly and the other incorrect. No evidence of anything like 'teeth' though? Cheers for your help JayMac

1 - 8 of 8 Posts