Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into putting a set of SpeedyMoto Adjustable Clip-Ons on my 2005 999R and trying to figure out what size to get: 53mm or 50mm. I found one older thread with an 03 999 where the response was 53mm, so that is probably right. Having said that, would really like to confirm before placing an order.

The previous owner put some clip-ons with significant rise that are revving the throttle at near full turn. It also looks like the reservoirs are already relocated to the inside of the bars versus the stock reservoirs on top. Looks like the SpeedyMotos are designed to work either way from the description.

Last, considering a SpeedyMoto triple clamp while I have it apart and wondering if any advice.

Many thanks for any info!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Mine are also 53.
As for the revving on full turn I had to increase the length of both my throttle and warm up leaver by 50 mm to get rid of that.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
IIRC The Speedy triple will give you more bar height alone...be careful adding both because you could run into the throttle racing as previously mentioned. I have the FBF-Heli type clips ons which caused my thottle to race when the bars are nearly full right. I had to remove the airbox and adjust the fast idle lever cable at the TB.
Let us know how you make out, I had considered adding SpeedyMoto triples but with my FBF bars I think I would run into reservoir clearance problems.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, thank you to all for the replies with info. Planning to order the SpeedyMoto Adjustable Clip-Ons in 53mm.

ducati2242, When you say you had to increase the length of both throttle and warm up lever by 50mm, are you referring to the cable lengths? I was reading another post where someone reduced the length of the bars by about 1/2 inch and it fixed things up on the cable length. Because my reservoirs have been relocated to the inside end of the bars, I could definitely reduce the length of the bars that I have and still fit the grips, levers, etc. Not sure if reducing the length of bars would significantly effect handling or not. Also, the bars on my 999R definitely extend further than the stock bars on my 1198. Happen to have them parked side by side in the garage. Also, I do not yet have a feel for the length of the SpeedyMoto adjustable bars versus stock bars. I need to do some measuring and look up specs on SpeedyMoto bars.

I will spend some quality time with my 999R service manual to get a feel for difficulty of removing the airbox to adjust the fast idle lever at the TB.

Last, I will be attempting to attach a photo of my current setup to this thread.

Thanks again for the help!

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
ducati2242, When you say you had to increase the length of both throttle and warm up lever by 50mm, are you referring to the cable lengths?
Sorry , Yes I meant the cable length . I used all the hardware from the old cables used a longer inner cable and a longer top half of outer cable.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
+50mm custom cables

Talked to my Ducati dealer yesterday about ordering +50mm longer cable and top cable housing. They were very helpful, but said they could only get the stock cable from Ducati, and recommended ordering custom cable from MotionPro.com. Does anyone have the spec I could send to them so I can continue to ride in the meantime? Or would you recommend taking the cable off and sending to them with the +50mm request for better chance of fitment?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts