Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
I swear it just makes me want to scream and slap someone’s mama!

I’ve said it before and this is the last time. I swear it’s the last time I’m gonna say it. :)

There is no rational logical excuse for this 8% crap.

Remember when there was the top speed race to 200 mph with motorcycles? The Honda Blackbird, the Kawi ZX14, the Busa? The political gods in Europe stepped in and said enough. They put a 300 kph (186 mph) limiter on all bikes.

But the manufacturers wanted their squids to be able to brag about going 200 mph.

Well guess what. Limit the bike to 186 and add in an 8% speed error and what do you have.

200 mph. Duh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's a tricky subject. I think I've got just what you need, right here:

·
Premium Member
289 Posts
It is stupid and annoying, like the cars and bikes from the early 80s with speedometers that only went to 85 mph because "if the speedometer only goes to 85, no one will go faster than that".

·
Sophomore Member
2,880 Posts
I’m pretty sure the speedo inaccuracy is a result of using the wrong oil brand, wrong tire pressure, and wrong chain lube.

Reactions: dharma

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
The political gods in Europe stepped in and said enough. They put a 300 kph (186 mph) limiter on all bikes.
Well guess what. Limit the bike to 186 and add in an 8% speed error and what do you have.
200 mph.
Well, smack my ass and call me a newborn. Those Sneaky Little Buggers.
Good catch.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Well the good news, on aging tech anyway, is that the error reverses around 210 vegemite wrappers per hour, at which speed it is exactly correct. After that GPS reads higher.
As a side note: 1 Marmite per hour equals 1.62 Vegemite per hour.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts