Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, my SF is doing some wonky things with the speedometer, namely under acceleration (and sometimes while cruising) the speed drastically over-registers the speed of the bike. I've seen up to 160mph indicated while getting on the freeway, going 55mph up to 70mph!

Before I take it down to the shop, I was going to try and see if there's something obvious where the speedo is picking up the bike's speed...but where is that?

I just tore off the front sprocket cover and don't see anything there. Any help/ideas?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well...i've at least discovered that the pickup is on the rear wheel, and there are bolt nubs that pass by the reader...in case anyone has the same problems.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Speedometer Issues

Since the termi pipe install and new ECU I have experienced the same problem. I checked the speedo pickup on the rear wheel assembly. It is snug.

What was the ultimate fix for your speedo issue???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanx. After some time spent with the bike I determined that the speed sensor wire had been burned to the copper wire (which then shorted)by the new termi header. I re zip tied the sensor wire (after repairing it) and, for now, am good to go.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Similar issue.... cause on mine was two of the four knubs got sheared off. They are only riveted onto the rear brake rotor...
Make sure you have four knubs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts