Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I would like to know how to get my speedometer working again. I just bought the bike recently, and was told that the battery had just been replaced and that the speedometer just needed to be reset or something like that. Since it was a used bike, it didn't come with an owner's manual because the guy had lost it, so I dont have anything to reference while trying to get it working again. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Matt

·
Registered
3 Posts
We're going to need a little more info like what year and model is your Monster?

Later, Doug

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, Its an 06 Monster S2R1k, I'm trying to figure out how to put that in my signature...

Regards,
Matt

·
Registered
24 Posts
hi: what is exactly the problem ? Can u give more details?

I have a 2004 SR4 which has very similar gauges. Have you tried to disconnect/reconnect (wait 10-15 seconds) the ground pole from the battery ? This will actually "reboot" the instrument panel.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey brod, thanks for the reply! The battery was replaced and the speedometer stopped working after that, apparently. I bought the bike with it not working, hoping it would be a simple fix. I'll give that a shot and report back once I've tried!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts