Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Quick question.

When fitting the Speedo Healer after changing to Marchesini Wheels which adapter should it come with as there appear to be many and none of them are specifically for the SC1k. Is that the only option or is there a cheaper option for correcting the speed?

Cheers forum peeps!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Quick question.

When fitting the Speedo Healer after changing to Marchesini Wheels which adapter should it come with as there appear to be many and none of them are specifically for the SC1k. Is that the only option or is there a cheaper option for correcting the speed?

Cheers forum peeps!
There is an universual version of the speedohealer that you have to splice on to the cable harness.
Im gonna do it soon.... se who does it first.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
sorry to sound clueless: can you elaborate on what a speedo healer is and what it does? I have marchesini wheels and I don't know about it...
thx

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speedo healer

Hi, the speedo healer is only if you have wheels from a different bike with a different hub diamter or number of mounting bolts. I'm fitting 999 wheels therefor need to cpmpensate for the difference in bolt number. The speedo will count 5 instead of 6 making my speed wrong. A healer is a little device that corrects that and makes your speedo read the right figure.

I still need to know which one to order, anyone know? I read it on the forum somewhere but dammed if I can find it now! Help

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
interesting. I have the same wheels as a 999R and don't know if a speedo healer was installed.

probably unrelated, but my speedo has been acting erratically, and that's on the dealer's to do list after my valve guide job... it was working fine for at least 2K miles before going nuts. do you think it could be related to not having the healer?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
interesting. I have the same wheels as a 999R and don't know if a speedo healer was installed.

probably unrelated, but my speedo has been acting erratically, and that's on the dealer's to do list after my valve guide job... it was working fine for at least 2K miles before going nuts. do you think it could be related to not having the healer?
hmmm doesn't sound like the same problem. Do you know if your spped is out? Try following a friend at exactly 60km/h and see what yours reads. i#m pretty sure you need a healer as it counts the bolts which are different on 999 wheels to SC wheels. Don't quote me though!!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Which bolts are counted? Does it make any difference if you go from the OEM black steel bolts to titanium? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
hmmm doesn't sound like the same problem. Do you know if your spped is out? Try following a friend at exactly 60km/h and see what yours reads. i#m pretty sure you need a healer as it counts the bolts which are different on 999 wheels to SC wheels. Don't quote me though!!
it's not the speed that's out. the needle just goes from zero to 160 on its own even at constant speed... sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't, but since then the engine light has been on. I think it's a bad sensor or a pinched wire somewhere, but like I said, the bike's at the dealer and they'll look into it.

thanks though.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Paul, I already answered this in your own mod thread mate - refer post# 9.

Speedo Healer - V4.0 with SH-U01 harness for Ducati 3 wire speedos.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts

I have sen pics of your bike and I think you have also stated that your original rotors were used so are your wheels not 6 bolt as per standard?

If so they ain't 999 wheels.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Which bolts are counted? Does it make any difference if you go from the OEM black steel bolts to titanium? Thanks!
Ti is non-magnetic so I'm pretty certain your speedo will not work if you switch to Ti bolts.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paul, I already answered this in your own mod thread mate - refer post# 9.

Doh Doh Doh, egg on my face! Sorry I checked every post but my own! Wrist slapped

1 - 12 of 12 Posts