Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the thing works sometimes and sometimes it jumps around, i took the drive out and turned it by hand and looked at all the teeth in side, they seem perfect, and i hooked a drill up to the speedo and ran it for a mile and it worked perfect, so now what?? where the metal plate and drive meet might be off, or does the speedo drives start to kinda get hot and bent so the teeth dont line up? anyone have this happen

·
Registered
43 Posts
More than likely it is the speedo cable. That is what went wrong with mine. The cable could be broken in the middle and work sometimes, at least that is what mine was doing. Hope that is your problem, because it is the cheapest to fix.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Motophoto said:
More than likely it is the speedo cable. That is what went wrong with mine. The cable could be broken in the middle and work sometimes, at least that is what mine was doing. Hope that is your problem, because it is the cheapest to fix.
humm...i think the guy told me when he unscrewed it a little piece came out, so i am thinking it might have broken off about 1/2 inch on the end and doesnt reach the top, like i said when i had the drill on it it worked perfect, i am going to check it out today

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes its the cable...it was too short, and was slipping back so i put alittle spacer inside the drive and its working fine now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts