Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I converted to Marchesini wheels, from 6 to 5 bolts

the bolts are Titanium --> I know, no signal

I was told to add an earth magnet for a signal to the sensor. OK, but, if I add only 1 magnet (1 signal per rotation) will the speedo healer be able to be calibrated enough to compensate for the difference?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Is the weight of the magnet(s) greater than the weight difference between titanium and steel bolts? Maybe it's easier and cheaper to just put steel bolts back in.

PhilB

·
Premium Member
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is the weight of the magnet(s) greater than the weight difference between titanium and steel bolts? Maybe it's easier and cheaper to just put steel bolts back in.

PhilB
1x 8mm Dia x 1mm THK magnet weighs next to nothing. the question above is not about weight savings

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
1x 8mm Dia x 1mm THK magnet weighs next to nothing. the question above is not about weight savings
OK, just asking. The usual reason for having titanium bolts in the first place is shaving a few grams of weight, so I was just wondering if that was a factor here.

PhilB

·
Registered
71 Posts
If you are still running the same speedo healer you recommend to me, healtech I believe. in can compensate (-)99.9% to (+)9999.9% according to their spec sheet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts