Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, and hello, i would like to welcome myself back to the ducati world, having had the 1098s 5 years ago and now i have just got myself a 1996 900ss (how times have changed lol) but luving the 900ss except the speedo and temp gauge are not working, has anyone any idea why both would not be working,,, thanks

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Probably not related. If the front wheel is not mounted correctly (see workshop manual) it binds the speedo drive and can ruin the inner cable . Also if cable sheath is not tight enough at either end, or routed with too sharp a bend, the drive end may not engage the square hole. Also the cable end can round off and spin at either end. The engagement hole either end can round off and slip. The temp gauge can have a bad sending unit, bad wiring, or bad gauge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Duc96cr, thanks for that great insight, looks like your spot on as the cable end has rounded off, cheers for your help

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
The cable tends to round out the drive hole when that happens. You may have to use shims to get a snug fit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts