Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how accurate the speedo is on the 1260 S and what is the top speed. Has anyone compared their
speedo to a GPS reading?
thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
It'll vary from bike to bike, but it's around 5% low on mine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
The speed signal starts off very accurate. Then Ducati adds 5% just because.
It's due to heavy penalties for being even a smidgen off in the other direction. They somehow think this is a safety measure, despite riders knowing their speedos are off and guessing where the correct speed should be, which can be greater than what they actually intend to be at. Moronic, IMHO.

There's a free software program that works with my Triumph, called TuneECU, and in addition to being able to tune your fuel maps and sync your throttle bodies, it also let's you adjust your speedometer. Fixes it for stock gearing or again when you change sprocket ratios.

Is there anything similar for Ducatis?

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Generally, anywhere I go in the Southwest, I've got 27 GPS satellites connections on my cell phone, the accuracy is beyond question. Lots of old school methods are talked about, but fire up your phone if you are curious and I think that your bike does Bluetooth?

·
Registered
468 Posts
It's due to heavy penalties for being even a smidgen off in the other direction. They somehow think this is a safety measure, despite riders knowing their speedos are off and guessing where the correct speed should be, which can be greater than what they actually intend to be at. Moronic, IMHO.
Yeah, I read the regulations that basically allow for no tolerance for ever reading low, so in reality I get why Ducati (and every other bike I’ve ever owned in the GPS era) does this. But you also just know that the first time some asshole got a ticket and realized that their speedo read 1mph low that there would be all sorts of ridiculous lawsuits.

There's a free software program that works with my Triumph, called TuneECU, and in addition to being able to tune your fuel maps and sync your throttle bodies, it also let's you adjust your speedometer. Fixes it for stock gearing or again when you change sprocket ratios.

Is there anything similar for Ducatis?

No, or at least not yet. There are some tools available for the pre-DVT bikes, but nothing for the new ECU Ducati switched to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts