Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ordered the parts to put bleeders on top of the ABS on my 14 S touring.
I got the banjos and ordered the speedbleeders from this post.

ABS / Brakes bleed mod | Ducati MTS1200 Forum

soooooo…..
something not adding up here. The speedbleeders are the same size as the banjos, so they aren't going inside the banjos.
tried the SB without the banjos and they aren't long enough to close off so they keep bleeding. i went ahead and ordered the factory nipples for these banjos, so all is not lost.
but wanted to try the speed bleeders.
anybody know the correct SB part number that fits inside the banjo? i think M6 x something.

there's always a strong possibility i'm doing something wrong…………

thx mates !!

·
Registered
869 Posts
Can you take a picture of the parts you have...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris,
In the interest of speed and my laziness, pls click on link above and the banjo and nipple are shown way better than I could take.
Thx

·
Registered
484 Posts
The size is M10 x 1, that is the external size of the thread of the banjo bolt, not the thread size of the speed bleeder.

On my 2012 PP I used two of the single banjo bolts with the bleeder on top from the front brake with the single hose.
I ordered them from Ducati and put them on the top of the abs unit. They are not speed bleeders but they have worked just fine.
You will also need 4 new crush washers and torque the banjo bolts to 12 ft. lbs.

Woops, I just followed your link. That's pretty much what I did.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bicep. Thx. Are you saying the "nipple bolt " is an m6?
The banjo is a m10 if I'm correct.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
I see what has happened. They have given the wrong info as far as the thread size of the speed bleeder is concerned in your link.

You need two, single banjo bolts with bleeders on top and 4 crush washers. Get these from the front brake caliper of a P4 brake caliper on the side with the single hose like on my 2012 Pikes Peak. You will get the banjo bolt with the bleeder included if you order from the Ducati dealer, you will have to order the rubber bleeder cover separate.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Bicep. Thx. Are you saying the "nipple bolt " is an m6?
The banjo is a m10 if I'm correct.
The parts in this picture are not speed bleeders. Speed bleeders have a red thread sealer on the thread to keep out the air when you crack them open to bleed the brakes. Forget the speed bleeders or get the proper size, but the info is wrong and it has lead you to buy the wrong speed bleeders.

M10x1. is the external thread of the banjo bolt and is the thread size in the ABS unit. I am not sure if the bleeder is M6x1. I am at work and need to check my stash of spare parts to find out.

·
Registered
484 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
When I converted to M4 brake calipers, I added Speed Bleeders to the ABS module banjo bolts like you're looking to do. On my 2014 base model Multi, the Speed Bleeders I used are # SB8125L-SS M8 x 1.25

The "SS" in the part number denotes stainless steel, you can get the regular steel for a few bucks less if you prefer. I've ordered all my Speed Bleeders for several bikes from eBay seller < kz10cubed > and he's provided excellent service.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
87 Posts
These speed bleeders could be an issue for anyone running a Sargent Seat... Mine already rubs on one of the stock ABS banjo bolts - the extended nipples on the speed bleeders would dig in.
Just a thought.

·
Registered
560 Posts
These speed bleeders could be an issue for anyone running a Sargent Seat... Mine already rubs on one of the stock ABS banjo bolts - the extended nipples on the speed bleeders would dig in.
Just a thought.
The UK forum where I first saw this fix for the crappy rear brakes mentioned drilling a hole in the seat pan. I would imagine this would also be the case for an aftermarket seat.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts