Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After intense speculations that Jorge Lorenzo was poised to announce a switch to Ducati for 2010, Yamaha today announced that the Spaniard has signed a 1 year contract extension for 2010 that will see him remain Valentino Rossi’s team-mate. Details here

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
AMEN to that! ;)

I'm glad he didn't go with Ducati, it would have been a huge mistake. It sounds like my initial thoughts about this whole thing were right; it was all just a stunt to get Yamaha to pay him more money.
Or equal access to new parts...

Either way, I think we should be hearing that Ducati is exercising their option on Hayden for 2010. I suspect they will announce friday or saturday...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Soap opera over - Rats! What are we going to get heated up about now?
LOL - I was thinking the same thing. Let's see:

Ducati is POS?
Hayden should have never won that championship?
Edwards is better then Hayden?
Hayden wears a 42 size suite and Pedrosa wears a 38? Thus giving Pedrosa an advantage as he wears less leather?

I could go on and on....:D

·
Registered
698 Posts
Oh I almost forgot, we can stir up some new stuff for Mongo and Tye to "discuss". :p

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
It sounds like my initial thoughts about this whole thing were right; it was all just a stunt to get Yamaha to pay him more money.
Initial reports from Yamaha said that money wasnt something they were willing to negotiate with Lorenzo, So it probably had more to do with equal treatment and parts as Rossi more than money.
Personally I think Lorenzo would ride for free if he could beat Rossi...
I guess the next rider with an uncertain fate for next year would have to be Spies... Think we will see him on a tech 3 bike next season? and possible taking Lorenzo's spot the season after?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I knew I smelled Bull Shit.

·
Registered
698 Posts
So how does Stoner react - from his perspective Ducati must look - well, less than loyal - one week out sick and they offer his ride up for more $$$ than he's earning. Does Stoner look for an out - his only viable option would Repsol Honda. Soap is not truly over.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So how does Stoner react - from his perspective Ducati must look - well, less than loyal - one week out sick and they offer his ride up for more $$$ than he's earning. Does Stoner look for an out - his only viable option would Repsol Honda. Soap is not truly over.
It wasn't his ride they were offering it was Hayden's. Casey is already signed for 2010. Nicky is one lucky guy

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
It wasn't his ride they were offering it was Hayden's. Casey is already signed for 2010. Nicky is one lucky guy
Actually in a way it was his ride. Lorenzo was looking to be the number one guy in the team which at Ducati Stoner is CLEARLY the number one guy. So in essence Lorenzo would have taken Stoner's ride and Stoner would have taken Hayden's ride.

·
Registered
698 Posts
So this should be a good thing for Hayden. I remember reading his complaints that as the number one rider for Honda he always had to test the new bits/parts which distracted him from focusing on racing, which is what Pedrobot was doing.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
So this should be a good thing for Hayden. I remember reading his complaints that as the number one rider for Honda he always had to test the new bits/parts which distracted him from focusing on racing, which is what Pedrobot was doing.
hmmm... I hadnt ever heard that excuse before. I guess when your running around the track midpack you have alot of time to get creative with your excuses for sucking.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i think Jorge will get the same money, parts, and treatment next year... seems to me that Yamaha was sitting back and waiting for Jorge to realize he's on the better bike... waiting for him to come to his senses....

i mean... did Jorge actually think that he could win on the Ducati.... i see the Ducati getting worse the more time that goes by. carbon frame... swingarm.. back and forth from one material to another... looking for the answer...

the answer is in the rider, and their feedback. not the imagination of the engineers.... it's a team effort... and Ducati doesn't seem to work that way. the Yamaha is a better bike.. and Jorge has a better chance of winning on it.... my $.02....

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not really... If he were truly lucky, Yamaha would have hired him and saved him the disgrace of continuing to have to ride the POS Ducati.
True, but there is luck that falls your way somewhat randomly and luck you make. Getting the Yamaha ride would be in the luck you make category :)

And the Ducati is such a POS it made Casey sick.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i think Jorge will get the same money, parts, and treatment next year... seems to me that Yamaha was sitting back and waiting for Jorge to realize he's on the better bike... waiting for him to come to his senses....

i mean... did Jorge actually think that he could win on the Ducati.... i see the Ducati getting worse the more time that goes by. carbon frame... swingarm.. back and forth from one material to another... looking for the answer...

the answer is in the rider, and their feedback. not the imagination of the engineers.... it's a team effort... and Ducati doesn't seem to work that way. the Yamaha is a better bike.. and Jorge has a better chance of winning on it.... my $.02....
What you said makes logical sense but it is also hard to get beaten by a guy on the same machinery, the excuse can only be you. Sometimes moving to another brand can make the rider feel they can exploit some advantages real or imagined against their opponent and it can help them reach their goal. I think it will be hard to Lorenzo to beat Rossi on the same bike and the more Rossi beats him the harder it will get.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts