Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone told me that they had lost their Ducati franchise and that GE Credit had re-poed all of the bikes. Sure enough....didn't see a single new Ducati in their showroom yesterday.

Any of you guys know the details ?

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
So...

Anything official??? I haven't seen anything to confirm this... :think:

I noticed this announcement on their front page, however:

NEW AND EXCITING CHANGES ARE GOING ON AT THE SHOP...
INCLUDING A FRESH NEW LOOK AND SETUP!!!
STAY TUNED!

Could they just be remodeling their showroom?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So...

Anything official??? I haven't seen anything to confirm this... :think:
I noticed this announcement on their front page, however:

NEW AND EXCITING CHANGES ARE GOING ON AT THE SHOP...
INCLUDING A FRESH NEW LOOK AND SETUP!!!
STAY TUNED!

Could they just be remodeling their showroom?
That doesn't make sense. Why would they have removed ALL of their primary product line ? And have only previously owned bikes ?? Featuring an RC-30 Honda ? No sense at all. Anyway, I heard it from another dealer who was told that by GE. That said, do you know any dealer who is working in the black. Any dealer ? I think that maybe ProItalia ( speaking locally ) are doing ok, but they are so focused and don't have a dedicated Duc dealer just a few miles away ( think Newport Beach Ducati ) to compete with for so few customers.

I can understand why DNA would crowd as many dealers as they could into an area like the OC, but when a recession comes and there are far more bikes than customers. Frankly, I've always favored the "fewer dealers" strategy. Especially with a niche product like Ducati and MV.

Tough times indeed.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I wonder what they want for that RC-30?
I got it from what I would call a reliable source that Spectrum is operating under different financing and is still a going concern and Ducati dealer. They are going to specialize in exotics too. They are going to have to adjust their take on market value ALOT to pull that one off though. Their used bike pricing that I have seen is simply absurd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spectrum lost some of their techs and other employees to Newport Beach Ducati. Haven't been to Spectrum in a while but would hate to see them lose Ducati.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts