Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Re: 2006 749s with stock brembos

I am doin a brake caliper overhaul and Need to order my new anodized Ti bolts from overseas PRIOR to beginning my project.

Q1: can I determind the size of the bleed nipple without removing it from the caliper? Would unthreading it enough to measure the size cause a massive hydraulic fluid leak?

Q2: If I order new colored banjos can I place them on EXISTING brake lines once fluid is drained properly or must I buy all New lines WITH the colored banjos attached?

Q3: Can I determine the banjo bolt size prior to draining my hydraulic system?I assume the front setup requires a
"double banjo bolt" vs the rear which would be a "single banjo bolt". Is this correct?

My apologies if these questions appear abmiguous but I am trying my hardest to communicate carefully. Cheers!!

·
Registered
654 Posts
Q1 M8 x 1.25 pitch for the front bleed nipples (rear one on the 916-996 is M10 x 1.00 pitch not sure if its the same on 749).

Q2 If you have standard brake hoses they will be a swaged fitting
on the end so new hoses would be req.(you could still fit new banjo bolts with the old brake lines if you wanted)

Q3 The banjo bolts used on brembo calipers/M-cylinders are
M10 X 1.00 pitch and are a little shorter in the thread depth.

you can set the brake lines up how you want if you are going to get a set
made up.
you can have 2 lines from the master cylinder (double banjo), with one line going to each caliper (single banjo).
or Master cylinder (single banjo) 1 line down to the o/s caliper (double banjo)
then another brake line over the top of your mudguard to the n/s caliper (single banjo).
you can set it up a few other ways just have a think what you want.

pic 1 shows fren tubo lines with fixed swaged ends
pic 2 shows BSR lines with removable banjos and fitting.

hope this is of some help.
have the pro-bolt bleed nipples and caliper pins/ bolts on my 916
very nice bits.

brian.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Not to hyjack this thread, but why do some builders run a single line to each caliper instead of the junction off one line. the one line from the master must be lighter and I would imagine that at those extreme hydraulic pressures the calipers would balance within a couple psi?

Is this a redundant failure stop measure?? If one line fails...........

Why is this??

Mark

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found this torque specs page with some good info however its for a 999 and not a 749s, also the year isnt specified:

http://www.ducati-upnorth.com/images/review/999torque.pdf

It says the bleed nipple is M6 x 1 But just by looking at it there is no way, it has to be at least an m8 on my bike

Also would he banjo bolts be the "Brake bleed union" that is mentioned?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts