Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, had a miss about 7500rpm that went away above that revs but was consistant at that rev range thru the gears.
Changed worn spark plugs to Champion, stock types. Miss went away for a week and now is back.
Can anyone recommend any better plugs/types, or anything else etc etc.
Kinda thinking it is plugs as it was ok for a week. Have checked coils etc, all are the same as per spec.

·
I have a button.. BITCHES!
8,971 Posts
Perhaps tightening the gap on the plugs a bit would help out? Also check the ground on the engine block underneath the connector. Could be corroded. Other than that I've got nothing. Good luck.

WAIT! Are you sure it's electrical?

·
Registered
665 Posts
I'm not sure if your problem is electrical, but regarding the spark plugs, go for the NGK iridium ones. The bike runs far smoother compared to the standard ones.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers.

I feel its electrical as it fixed itself for a week with new plugs. Plus the miss is sharp and singular, not a stuttering or dying, flat spot etc. Once it misses at that revs it goes back normal over it. Plus its not in every gear, seems mainly 2nd/3rd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts