Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for the spark plug to thread to deap into head. I can not get the horizontal plug out. I installed several months ago and when I went to pull it the other day to check condition I could not get socket on it. I went and got a thin walled socket and still no luck. Am I going to have to pull the head to get to it?

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
No, so you can't get the socket over it but you can on the vertical cylinder plug and remove it? What model bike is this, was this your first time changing the plugs?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, forgot to mention this is on a 749. This is not my first time swapping out the plugs, I switched from iridium back to copper and have since added a PC3 and wanted to see the plugs condition while I was changing oil and repainting a few parts. I have always used the same plug socket and did nothing different, but for some reason I can not get the socket on this plug to remove it. Does anyone see anything in the picture I attached that might help? It was the best pic out of 10 or 12 that I managed to take.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts