Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Spareshack dual headlights with a pair of PIAA Super Plasma GT-X bulbs installed, yet the on the road illumination is paltry at best (using high beams - low beams are a joke). Do any of you guys have specific recommendations for achieving greater road visibility while still using the dual headlight housings (other bulbs / HIDs / reflector changes)?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Sorry brother, from my experience your going to get a crappy low and high beam from them. I'm running the Piaa 8000 spark bulbs and I can't say much about them. The same bulbs worked great on my R1.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry brother, from my experience your going to get a crappy low and high beam from them. I'm running the Piaa 8000 spark bulbs and I can't say much about them. The same bulbs worked great on my R1.
The high beam offers about the same illumination as my single headlight low beam. On the other hand, I bet that I am very "seeable" by other cars!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Headlight issues.

I have the Spareshack dual headlights with a pair of PIAA Super Plasma GT-X bulbs installed, yet the on the road illumination is paltry at best (using high beams - low beams are a joke). Do any of you guys have specific recommendations for achieving greater road visibility while still using the dual headlight housings (other bulbs / HIDs / reflector changes)?
I used the stock Monster light with an HID lamp/transformer kit. The results were amazing. While I don't have a low/high beam light anymore...the one that I do have is super bright, and will bore a hole through anyone who gets in its way. You could never say that you didn't see me on my S2R-1000. I mounted the transformer which is about the size of a small european cigarrett case. It's hidden back behind the fairing and you can hardly see it. I have all the light that I need when riding out the desert area where I live here in Palm Springs. We have no street lights and this lamp lights up both lanes and way down the road in front of me. Quit screwing around with the tiny little lights and put some serious lumens down the highway with an HID. Light is heat, and in a small housing you will have premature lamp failure....keep the bigger 7" lamp housing and put a lamp in there that has a ton of candlepower. You will see what I mean.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts