Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i've managed to round out a small hex bolt that fixes the headlight fairing to the lower triple clamp when trying to replace the headlight bulb ?‍♂. Does anyone know where i can order this screw with part number 771.1.039.1A ? I believe it's a standard bolt across various bikes.

thanks in advance...

Hash

·
Registered
469 Posts
It is an M6X16 socket cap bolt. Any Ducati Dealer or popular hardware store should have it.

No reason to remove that bolt. the headlight assembly simply hooks on from above and is secured at the bottom rear by (2) M6 nuts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No reason to remove that bolt. the headlight assembly simply hooks on from above and is secured at the bottom rear by (2) M6 nuts.
Ok thanks i'll take another look at that, i must have made some wrong assumptions about the mounting!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Use sharp, nicely squared allen keys where you can - only use ball head allen keys where you must due to limited access. The heads on Ducati OEM bolts are soft and will round on you, especially given the liberal amounts of loctite applied to many of them.

If you haven’t already removed the headlight assembly, simply look from behind at the bottom rear of each side. You‘ll find an M6 nut. Simply unwind the 2 nuts, then give the headlight assembly a gentle pull outwards from the bottom while unhooking it from its supports at the top. Before fullly removing, you will need to undo a few harness clips (there are 3). From there, you simply unscrew the bulb housing and you’re in.

Upon reassembly, do not over-tighten the M6 nuts, you will risk tearing the rubber the bolts are baked into (vibration dampeners).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts