Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to wire up my "hot grips" to a switched power source and I'm not able to find this "spare power" connector I hear others reference,

Is it on the 03 ST4s ?

What fuse does it connect to ?

Someone told me the 03 doesn't have this connector, ok then

Where is a good place to steal 5.5 amps switched power ?

I'm thinking of running it off the fuse box then bumping up that fuse amp rating. ... any ideas

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
The grips should be 30W total, which is 2.5A. I grabbed my source from the parking light circuit.

·
Mr Leakered
8,831 Posts
I’m wired straight off the battery with an in-line fuse. I’ve only had to bump start it once because I left them on. It was a sinking feeling climbing aboard with already warm grips.

Have a good one.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I’m wired straight off the battery with an in-line fuse. I’ve only had to bump start it once because I left them on. It was a sinking feeling climbing aboard with already warm grips.

Have a good one.
Same here but if I get that sinking feeling once this winter I will be looking for that park light circuit next maintenance when the fairings are off!

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Lol yes I'm in that sinking feeling category too.
I've disconnected them from the battery now, and will be looking at routing them through one of the relays.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm trying to wire up my "hot grips" to a switched power source and I'm not able to find this "spare power" connector I hear others reference,

Is it on the 03 ST4s ?
It's not on '03 and earlier bikes.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
Derek is correct. The extra connector is started with the newer body style in 2004.

And no, I did not re-fuse. I think it's a 10A circuit. But you're only running a rear running light, and that small head lamp running light (the one that's probably burnt out by now...). So it's maybe loaded with 1A when the key is on. I even have my solenoid valve for my home-made automatic chain oiler tapped into this circuit. it's another 0.5A

1 - 8 of 8 Posts