Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday from Australia
I am after a spanner or spanners to undo the special nuts on the belt pulleys on a 900 air cooled motor (93 Supersport)
Im just wondering if any of you guys would have a link (or two) to a place where I may buy a good one?-I could go to the Ducati shop but the price is a bit rich-
Thanks heaps in advance
Gus

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,233 Posts
stoshmonster,

Does this tool also work on the fixed idler pulley? The one with the 10mm flats on it?
Nope these two tools are only used to remove/install the slotted nuts so that you can remove/install the cam belt pulleys.

Attachments

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input folks-Dave from Moto Italia sent me a link for hdesa-apparently hes out of the tool at the moment-said I should contact Scott at desmotosport-but cant connect to their web page-I will give that ebay link a try-many thanks-if it fails I will try the UK one-all the best to you all

·
Registered
1010 GT1000
9 Posts
Hi Does anyone know if the Laser Tools 5341 (Cam Pulley Removal Tool - Ducati | Part No. 5341 | Part of the Ducati range from Laser Tools) can be used on the 1000/1100 DS engine (20T Pulley no holes) fitted to lots a few models inc my 2010 GT1000) as most info given by Laser is a bit "generic" on there site they say: "This tool provides one holding tool which stops the camshaft pulley rotating and the socket tool to loosen and tighten the cam pulley retaining ring nut.
Additional Information
Applications: Ducati Pantah and other 2 valve belt drives and 4 valve 916 belt drives.
  • Includes a special 1/2"D socket and pulley holding tool.
  • Equivalent to OEM 88700.5644.
  • Can be used with Laser Part No. 5181 - Crankshaft Turner"
,,,,have asked Lase zzzz and i'm still waiting for a reply ...I am also aware that ducati use several different sized the cam fixing bolts on there various engines (i.e: ive found a 25/34mm, 25mm, 28/37mm 28mm and a,24mm o_O ) does anyone know what size is the one fitted to this lump/

Thanks

·
Registered
233 Posts
No, this tool doesn't work on the later 20t adjustable pulley with the three bolts in it. I think the socket fits, but the holder tool doesn't because there are no holes for it in the pulley.

·
Registered
1010 GT1000
9 Posts
No, this tool doesn't work on the later 20t adjustable pulley with the three bolts in it. I think the socket fits, but the holder tool doesn't because there are no holes for it in the pulley.
Thanks Lelebebbel - most kind of you to reply so quickly, looks like ill have to ship one of these over (pic attached) from the US as I cant seem to find any UK or Euro suppliers with a reasonable priced tool ... thanks and yes i am aware that the pulley is adjustable and to undo those (un necessary to remove cam) is a NO NO ... !
Thanks Adrian
9CBC27C1-0F14-4683-9DD1-4B638A4E6072.jpeg

·
Registered
1010 GT1000
9 Posts
Yes that would require phasing the cam afterwards. Which, depending on what you are doing in there, may not be a bad idea anyways?
Hi Bike runs fine, no issue with cam timing ... However I now have to remove the valve gear as i had the heads media blasted (even tho i asked them to vapor blast) they used grit ... i cleaned and taped everything up using gorilla tape and left them for a week so the tape could cure and stick good and fast .... and guess what? the muppets used media and they have managed to shoot grit up into the camshaft “gallery” so they need taking apart n flushing out .... the good ideas one has during a lockdown ! Thanks

·
Registered
1010 GT1000
9 Posts
Yup - thats what they said, too late now! Same old song with Ducatis the engine looked like a minger on the outside: sheets of peeling paint, white corrosion etc etc.... inside (18,000 on clock) the thing looks fine, like its only just been broken in, shiny valves, next to no carbon build up, no ridge on the bores and hone marks still very very visible - Any other suggestions/advice on cleaning this cr*p out or removing the cams greatly appreciated - Thanks

·
Registered
1010 GT1000
9 Posts
UPDATE Found a UK based tool supplier, maybe it will help someone else?

DS 1000 and 1100 Cam Removal Tools

Ebay item numbers
as of: 30/06/2020

Socket: 110796395899

Lock Tool: 113686560340

Supplied by
GB Automotive products Ltd
45 Oxford Street, Wellingborough, United Kingdom, NN8 4JH

1 - 18 of 18 Posts