Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were sign-up procedures relaxed... are new applications being auto-accepted now?

Suggestion Box: If a user has fewer than 100 posts and the account is newer than 3 months old, the use of the "report" button by another user (or maybe 2 or 3) against them automatically hide all their posts until their account can be reviewed.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I never did like being forced into writing an introduction. Mine was kind of an angry intro, along the lines of WTF is this, I just want to post here. But if it prevents spam I guess I'm ok with it. Other forums owned by this company don't have it.

In fact some are completely unmoderated with no administration and are just completely overrun by spam. This one I'm on - Supermotojunkie, a spam poster recently passed 100 posts, the admin guy hasn't logged in since 2016 and the 2 moderators haven't been on the forum in 2 months. It's just continuous "Buy (4Pieces) Samsung Galaxy S20 5G New Original Unlocked 128GB $816". Stick a fork in that one.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea that would destroy this site pretty quickly... and with an active site it's very easy to stop so it means the owning corporation doesn't want to stop it or has just lost interest in the site (if it's allowed to continue).

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Were sign-up procedures relaxed... are new applications being auto-accepted now?

Suggestion Box: If a user has fewer than 100 posts and the account is newer than 3 months old, the use of the "report" button by another user (or maybe 2 or 3) against them automatically hide all their posts until their account can be reviewed.
It's been my understanding that the site owners have decided on a SPAM policy that is more focused on "better exposure" (ahem) rather than one of site security and membership cohesion (so to say).

That said, here we are.

·
Premium Member
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True enough... but too much of that crap and many of us WON'T be here. A few here and there isn't really that much of an issue, but if one can get in then more can get in... like cockroaches...

·
Registered
83 Posts
These are the options I get there.
I was looking to report this post.

·
Administrator
12,119 Posts
This is where you should be looking, at the right top edge of the post you want to report NOT the 3 dots at the top of the screen:

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,023 Posts
These are the options I get there.
I was looking to report this post.

This is where you should be looking, at the right top edge of the post you want to report NOT the 3 dots at the top of the screen:
View attachment 982023

Scott has the moderator view of that menu.
This is the view most of us have:

Report.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts