Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi Fritz,

Ed is putting together the Sil Moto order this week so we can get delivery by February.
Let him know that you need one and he will make sure one is set aside for you. Regards,
Martin
Thanks Martin, I've sent Ed my contact info too so that's one more for the FE high mounts.

Tim
'98 900 SS FE (#028)
'96 900 SS/SP (rolling parts bin)
'78 900SS
'74 750 Sport

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
The price list only lists:

2X2 STAINLESS STEEL HEADER PIPE / COLLETTORE 2X2 IN ACCIAIO DUCATI SUPERSPORT 900 to 98 - 5539

You might ask Ed ([email protected]) to check on the availability on the 99+ 750SS and 900SS. He talks to them every week and might be able to found what the differences are and what it would take to get the other header to fit.

-M

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sorry, dumb question here - what advantages does the spaghetti offer besides more ground clearance? And if there is a performance increase, how much are we looking at?

Thanks!

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I have the Sil Moto header on my M900.
It offers better ground clearance and it has a better powerband. It is especially noticeable in the middle.

-M

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hindle headers on a 800ss

A note regarding the Hindle system. It does not fit the 750-800 small case motors. Also, it will melt your boot heels.

Trust me, I know
I can second that. The Hindle headers were fitted to a 1000ds and they assumed that that model would also would fit the 750/800ss. As you can see from the photo below, they do not.

Attachments

·
Registered
665 Posts
very bad news I'm afraid.... :(:(:(

This is what Ed from Motowheels said in his email to me:
Correct, they are not going to produce a header for the SS. It is too bad because they are very nice bikes. One of my associates here has one and he cannot find a header either. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Ed Ramones

Forget the Sil Motor headers then... :(:(

Any ideas where we could find similar headers??

:(:(

·
Registered
81 Posts
I don't want to usurp anyone's business here but we (modesto ducati) had a bad feeling about sil motor. we tried months back to get them to make us some headers but to no avail. Hopefully a group buy would have lured that company to set that jig up..

anyway, we are making some undertail systems for late model supersports and we've had a couple people ask about making them for the early model ones. We have to get one of our customers to donate their ride for our 'jig' but it is slowly in the works. There is no way we could make headers for 895.00 though. That's a fantastic deal but with the hours involved and materials we can't get close to that for a full system. Making just headers might be possible but it still would be more than 895.00. So if there is more interest??? great. if not, we'll stick to what we got.

thanks.
Paul Berger, Don Babb and John Starck

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm confused by the most recent replies which referenced an SS.. I ordered a set for my 98 900 FE and a friend of mine with an FE was going to call also. Is Sil Moto going to produce a header for the 98 FE?

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I'm confused by the most recent replies which referenced an SS.. I ordered a set for my 98 900 FE and a friend of mine with an FE was going to call also. Is Sil Moto going to produce a header for the 98 FE?
900FE is an SS.
The header is the same for all 900SS including the 900SS FE from 91-98.

-M

·
Registered
662 Posts
900FE is an SS.
The header is the same for all 900SS including the 900SS FE from 91-98.

-M
Martin, the FE has a slightly different header or at least Marco Daniele at Sil does have different part numbers. Not sure exactly where the difference is. I spoke with Ed this PM (to firm up my order) and he is aware of this and so short story, it is available.

Tim
'98 900 SS FE (#028)
'96 900 SS/SP (rolling parts bin)
'78 900SS
'74 750 Sport

41 - 60 of 287 Posts