Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before Doug Cook vanished we had discussed him creating a spaghetti system with high pipes for my 97 SS. Hindle makes an interesting set of pipes that completely eliminate any clearance issues with the stock X pipe. Ducati Keanema...(spelling?) has a spaghetti system but it seems like it would have clearance problems similar to the stock pipe.

Does anyone have any idea where one can find a spaghetti system with good clearance without having to buy european? I really wanted Doug at ARC to do the work but alas that seems impossible now.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
788 Posts
Staintune tooled up the spaghetti headers for the carb'ed 900ss's. I know because I recently bought one. Check with CBT (California BMW/Triumph) as they're the (West Coast only?) supplier. Alternately, I can get you the phone number for my local dealer (Moto Meccanica in Santa Rosa, CA) and the parts guy, Casey, can certainly hook you up. UPS goes everywhere.

They're not cheap though.....

·
Registered
350 Posts
I've got the giacamoto spagetti system on my 900FE. I had to make one key mod. Many of the spagetti systems were made for the SSCR/SP series. The early bikes had the rear brake caliper "on top". The FE has the "bottom" caliper. The torque arm for the caliper has clearance issues. I had to have a friend fab up a bracket to replace the one that bolts to the right engine case.

·
Registered
733 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
oops !!!!!

I thought the title for this thread was "spaghetti sauce" ....wasnt wearing my glasses.
Was going to recommend "Trader Joes Organic Vodka Sauce"

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
I thought the title for this thread was "spaghetti sauce" ....wasnt wearing my glasses.
Was going to recommend "Trader Joes Organic Vodka Sauce"
I like Doug's spaghetti system - high and low mounts and he made it so that you can use the OEM rearsets.

As for sauces, I'd recommend Rao's Vodka sauce. =)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I got mine from Sil Motor here in Germany. Good quality shipped in less than a week.....of course mailing over the pond would take longer
What are your impressions of the Sil spaghetti system; quality, fitment ground clearance etc? I notice it's a 45mm construction. Is that enough to get a nice basso profundo?

Tim
'98 900 SS FE (#028)
'96 900 SS/SP (rolling parts bin)
'78 900SS
'74 750 Sport

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sil Clearance

I think my main concern also was of clearance and not so much about pipe configuration. Am I correct that the Spaghetti system from SilMoto imporoves over the stock clearance? The Hindle although not a spaghetti looks like it eliminates the clearance problems altogether by routing the exhaust tubing up trhough the forward portion of the swingarm.

Joe

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I got mine from Sil Motor here in Germany. Good quality shipped in less than a week.....of course mailing over the pond would take longer

Here are some of their auctions, they also have a web site
http://search.ebay.de/_W0QQsassZsil-motor
We are Sil Moto importers here in the USA--I did not see the SS head pipe on their product list any longer.

We might have to put together a group buy here to encourage them to make another batch of them--I want one for my bike... :)

-M

·
Registered
50 Posts
We are Sil Moto importers here in the USA--I did not see the SS head pipe on their product list any longer.

We might have to put together a group buy here to encourage them to make another batch of them--I want one for my bike... :)

-M
I would be in on a group buy for the silmoto headers.

derek

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think my main concern also was of clearance and not so much about pipe configuration. Am I correct that the Spaghetti system from SilMoto imporoves over the stock clearance? The Hindle although not a spaghetti looks like it eliminates the clearance problems altogether by routing the exhaust tubing up trhough the forward portion of the swingarm.

Joe
I used to drag my stock header on both sides at the track but after I installed the Sil Motor header I have yet to touch them down at all. Hope that helps

·
Registered
665 Posts

-M
They say that these headers are for the 800 and 1000 engines:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Tangentialkruemmer-DUCATI-Monster-800-1000-ab-2002_W0QQitemZ120199264366QQihZ002QQcategoryZ49771QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do you believe they fit on the SS1000ds?? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
662 Posts

-M
I contacted Marco Daniele from DANIELE MOTO INTERNATIONAL in Germany. They were the Sil Motors contact from the e-bay listing Bruntr provided. He has 45mm Sil spaghetti systems for '91-'98 900SSs on ebay starting at 549 Euros. Buy it now for 599 E. He also told me that while the '98 FE systems were not listed, he could also supply for 599 Euros. Shipping would be 60 Euros each.

So, it appears a few of us want a set. Perhaps we can get a group buy together. Shipping should be less.

Tim
'98 900 SS FE (#028)
'78 900SS
'74 750 Sport

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I'll check with Sil Moto to see what we can do for us.

I have thier header on a M944. I like the mid range that it provides.

-M

·
Registered
662 Posts
I'll check with Sil Moto to see what we can do for us.

I have thier header on a M944. I like the mid range that it provides.

-M
Thanks for your comments and checking it out with Sil. What kind of effect does the Sil header have on the exhaust note? I'd listened to a Termi (I think) full system and was impressed with the deep tone it had.

Tim
'98 900 SS FE (#028)
'78 900SS
'74 750 Sport

1 - 20 of 287 Posts