Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put Cycle Cat bars on my ST2, and will need longer lines - I haven't measured carefully, but it looks like I need an extra 3" on the brake side and 1-2" on the clutch side. I know I can custom order from places like Spiegler - did it for my Norton, and they're really nice looking - but expensive! Are there any standard sources for longer lines?

·
Registered
426 Posts
I got my "custom" Galfer from LT's Desmo Times it took 2 weeks but they fit nice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Contact Spieger Performance parts. They make them and sell to the general public. Call them and tell them what you need, very professional and it won't take three weeks.
Ride On
Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
I highly recommend Spiegler performance. I'm personal friends with the owner. They will make anything you want. If you need any help let me know by PM. I maybe able to get you a discount.

·
Registered
998 Posts
ST3 and later ST4s have longer lines, just find a pair of them in the classifieds or ebay. Ask the seller to measure them for you to be sure of the length.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I just checked Spiegler prices and they're pretty much out of my league. ButI see plenty of lines on eBay, and I'll bet I can also find them from someone here in Classifieds - so that's a possibility. Does anybody happen to know how much longer the later lines are? Or if you have lines on your workbench, can you give me measurements so I can compare? Once I have lengths for older and newer lines, I'm guessing I can find something that'll work. I think the standard for measuring is the centerline of the hole in the banjo fitting if it's a straight fitting, and the centerpoint of the fitting at the hold if it's a 90 degree banjo fitting.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
+1

ST3 and later ST4s have longer lines, just find a pair of them in the classifieds or ebay. Ask the seller to measure them for you to be sure of the length.
+1 on the late st 3/4 lines. I used 04 ST3 non-ABS front lines on my 02 ST4s with Cycle Cats, added 2", total bolt-on, works like a champ. Paid $30 shipped on Ebay.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I wish! Thanks for the measurements. Also, I went down to our local Duc place (not too local - about 1-1/4 hours) and they happened to have a used ST3S (yum - immaculate, original, bright red), so I measured the lines and got about +1. So - I wrote to Slingshot, and I probably will also price them at Spiegler.

·
Registered
82 Posts
PT, any update on what you ordered? Ben in the same situation as you. Hoses loosen up when I'm on the bike but know there being stressed occasionally.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

1 - 10 of 10 Posts