Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a source of replacement bolts for a 900SL? I'm looking for the heavier duty allen-head bolts (e.g. Fork pinch bolts, triple clamp pinch bolts, brake caliper bolts etc.). I ordered the bolt kit from desmoparts but they appear to be for the fairing, seat attachment, etc.

Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
905 Posts
Fastenal and McMaster Carr are good sources as well. I have the Desmoparts kits for engine and body. They didn't come with stainless replacements for the pinch bolts, probably because stainless wouldn't meet strength requirements for that application.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Fastenal and McMaster Carr are good sources as well. I have the Desmoparts kits for engine and body. They didn't come with stainless replacements for the pinch bolts, probably because stainless wouldn't meet strength requirements for that application.
The stainless steel bolts from Probolt are more than strong enough for the forks, triple-clamps, pinch bolts, etc...

check out this thread...

Don't go cheap on parts for your bike, because eventually you will toss the cheap stuff and end up buying the expensive stuff later...

Gray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts