Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Probably a non-starter, but figured I'd ask. Any alternative for this part (46320537A)?

It's the o-ring that sits behind the front sprocket. Supposed to be replaced with the sprocket.

TIA

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Changed plenty of front sprockets and never noticed a o ring, ever.
I should pay more attention i guess

·
Sophomore Member
2,964 Posts
Changed plenty of front sprockets and never noticed a o ring, ever.
I should pay more attention i guess
I just changed chain and sprockets on my multi and didn’t notice it. 🤷

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
I can’t remember an o-ring when I did my 2010 MTS, but any time I need parts AMS Ducati always seems to get me what I need.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pic below. It's behind the spacer that sits next to the sprocket. Manual says, "Must be renewed on assembly".

AMS has a single for $1.25 + $9 ship. Omaha has a 5-pack for $6.25 + $9 ship. I was hoping there was an alternate (KTM, BMW, etc.) that I might be able to source locally. Shipping has been so slow lately and I'm in a rush.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Never saw an O-Ring on a BMW

·
Registered
66 Posts
... or you can get some here:
No affiliation just a satisfied customer over the years for small lots of many and varied o-rings. Good selection, prices and excellent service.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... or you can get some here:
No affiliation just a satisfied customer over the years for small lots of many and varied o-rings. Good selection, prices and excellent service.
Cool resource.

I'd have no idea how to answer #2-#4 though under 'Required Information'. Seems fairly critical though:
  • O-Ring Size (inch or metric) - Cross Section ( thickness ) X Inside Diameter
  • Temperature Requirements
  • Compound or Material Being Sealed
  • Operating Pressure - Durometer Rating
  • And of Course Quantity Required (Non-Stock O-Rings may require a minimum)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry - should have been more specific ... this will work fine:

Metric
1.78mm thickness
25.12mm diameter
Buna-N 70 Durometer (will be fine for this application)

Minimum order is 20 but at a nickel a piece you can use one and throw the rest alway (compared to OEM prices).

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
I gotta ask. Why would you swap out the oring? What’s it sealing? Dust...unless you lose it, why bother? My guess is very very few people have ever changed that oring. Just trying out that common sense stuff.

Reactions: t-bills

·
Registered
242 Posts
Pic below. It's behind the spacer that sits next to the sprocket. Manual says, "Must be renewed on assembly".

snip picture

AMS has a single for $1.25 + $9 ship. Omaha has a 5-pack for $6.25 + $9 ship. I was hoping there was an alternate (KTM, BMW, etc.) that I might be able to source locally. Shipping has been so slow lately and I'm in a rush.
Renewed on engine assembly, not sprocket change

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I gotta ask. Why would you swap out the oring? What’s it sealing? Dust...unless you lose it, why bother? My guess is very very few people have ever changed that oring. Just trying out that common sense stuff.
I can't really answer that. If Ducati recommends it, I can only assume they have a good(?) reason. Maybe the environment in which it lives dictates replacement once it's disturbed.

I'd guess nobody's bike has imploded for lack of replacing it. But if it's a recommended low cost item, easily replaced, etc. it will appease my OCD if nothing else.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Renewed on engine assembly, not sprocket change
As it's external to the engine, and under the "sprocket removal" section, can you expand on your logic as to why you would only replace it on assembly of the engine?

·
Premium Member
4,043 Posts
I've never even pulled that spacer off... guess I better take a look at it during the next sprocket change.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts