Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats your favorite? I been feelin blue so made tomato soup and a grilled cheese. I want some other idea's as its gettin colder here.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I think a proper Split Pea and Ham soup goes great with a sandwich. The sandwich may vary, from a Reuben (always a good choice), to my favorite Emphatic Sandwich -- dry salame and extra sharp cheddar, with wasabi, on sourdough, grilled openface.

PhilB

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
I like to make what you might call a “Refrigerator Sandwich “. I start unloading everything out of the fridge that might work, then pick through it for the best bread, leftovers, lunch meat, cheese, peppers, pickles, lettuce, sauce . You get the idea. No wonder I have a bad jaw.

·
Señor Member
8,046 Posts
Whats your favorite? I been feelin blue so made tomato soup and a grilled cheese. I want some other idea's as its gettin colder here.
The other day I came down with a bit of a cold. My girl made me my favorite tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich. I felt better right after.

·
Administrator
11,850 Posts
We picked up a panini press two years and my current favorite sandwich is a Italian cold cuts (you know, the mixed pack from Costco) with pesto and arugula. Takes about 3-4 minutes to make a tasty treat.

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I been working on a cross between cheese soup and potatoe with bacon. I find that drying the bacon like jerky helps it stand up and cook well into the soup. I like to slow cook the shit out of it so all flavors meld well.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,033 Posts
My all time favorites are peanut butter and jelly and clam chowder. Man oh man. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My all time favorites are peanut butter and jelly and clam chowder. Man oh man. :)

Together? Honestly? I'll give it a try............:surprise:

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't get to travel out east much. But I had something out there that I'll never forget and I want some more! No not that, it was a sandwich.

Lobster roll. Oh man there is nothing better. One of these, loaded style, and I'll take it in either butter or mayo recipe, and some clam chowder.

From what I understand, Maine style is with the mayo, but Connecticut style is butter recipe. Here in Wisconsin all we got is brats. Meh.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,033 Posts
No. Lol. Not honestly. :)

But now that I think about it I may try it too. :)

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No. Lol. Not honestly. :)

But now that I think about it I may try it too. :)

Ah ya fooker, thought ya was serious. :wink2: I have made clam chowder before. Shit ton of clams, potatoes and a light broth made from seafood stock, clam juice a touch of sea water and onion. Wasnt half bad. Took me a minute to cook the clams down to open as I had 5 lbs of em. Pickin them clean took a bit, pullin and cleaning. Didn't want sand in the soup.

I have also made an Elvis copy of PB n J with bananas. Took me a bit o make the jelly as I worked the strawberries and blueberries down myself. The bread I made as well.

Reckon its no wonder I weigh 245............>:)

·
Super Moderator
4,645 Posts
Ah ya fooker, thought ya was serious. :wink2: I have made clam chowder before. Shit ton of clams, potatoes and a light broth made from seafood stock, clam juice a touch of sea water and onion. Wasnt half bad. Took me a minute to cook the clams down to open as I had 5 lbs of em. Pickin them clean took a bit, pullin and cleaning. Didn't want sand in the soup.

I have also made an Elvis copy of PB n J with bananas. Took me a bit o make the jelly as I worked the strawberries and blueberries down myself. The bread I made as well.

Reckon its no wonder I weigh 245............>:)

Cleaning your clams? Sand? You must not have given them a bath in freshly salted water while they were alive. Give them two, 1 hour soaks in salt water and they’ll open and expel the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cleaning your clams? Sand? You must not have given them a bath in freshly salted water while they were alive. Give them two, 1 hour soaks in salt water and they’ll open and expel the sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, thats kinda what I did. I bathed them first but not in salt water as all I had was mortons. I need to buy actual sea salt. The clam brine was out of a can, I know, sacrilege.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts