Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say sort of because I sold the one that started it all. The Cagiva Gran Canyon. And also this Aprilia to partially fund this new bike.

I have been having shoulder problems which was keeping me from riding the Ape, which I loved, and the Gran Canyon didn't really have enough power for long 2 up riding. Came across a fair deal on this 2015 MTS 1200S.

Been messing around a lot with the electronics etc just trying to figure them out. Not really changing anything as of yet. Just navigating. I'm and analog man getting into this digital world.

It has an aftermarket exhaust and some sort of tune for sport mode.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle
Tire Wheel Crankset Vehicle brake Light
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Registered
Welcome to the club! They're great bikes and have served me very well since I got it! You'll love yours too. I have back problems after a few offs in my life, and this bike really fixed things for me to be able to commute 70 miles round trip every day!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I rode 1200cc's of fire breathing Italian loveliness to work today. 41 deg. Great wind protection. Only had the heated grips on low. Still have more layers I could put on. Plenty warm.

Cruises at 80 effortlessly. I commute 70 miles one way.

Registered
Hope you got things sorted out. Steering lock issues (at least I think that's what that error is about) it's a great bike, IMO.

I never use the steering lock on my 2016 Multi... from what I can tell it's just some plastic tabs so I can't imagine it would slow down a very determined thief and I imagined problems like this happening since it's electric and Italian.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hope you got things sorted out. Steering lock issues (at least I think that's what that error is about) it's a great bike, IMO.

I never use the steering lock on my 2016 Multi... from what I can tell it's just some plastic tabs so I can't imagine it would slow down a very determined thief and I imagined problems like this happening since it's electric and Italian.
No its a metal pin. The plastic tabs are for something else.

The dealer sent their delivery driver to get me and the bike. It's about 70 miles

Registered
Well that was short lived. Stuck at work waiting to get picked up.

Also sucks that I commute 1 hour each way. View attachment 1020320

I feel your pain. I commute an hour each way too, and have had issues with my steering lock before too. Try resetting the lock and taking it back off by using the pin rather than the key. That solved unlock errors for me. Also, check your starter button isn't sticking. Sometimes my covers gets slightly stuck and it confuses the computer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts