Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has a set of 916 forks, i just bought a cycle cat superbike fork conversion upper triple. What else do i need fo rthe conversion?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
You will need different (Superbike compatible) handlebars, a 1 mm shim for the lower triple clamp, a Superbike front fender, and either a shim for the front axle pinch area and a different axle nut, or a Superbike axle, in which case you have to change the bearings and speedo drive in your front wheel. If your friend's 916 forks have 40 mm brake caliper bolt spacing your calipers will be fine, if they are 65 mm (I can't remember if any 916s came with 65 mm spacing), then you would need new brake calipers and brake hoses. It's a lot of stuff (I know because I did it to my 1997 SP).
Joe

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just did the conversion to my bike. Depends on what model you have. I have a 620ie 03MY that i fitted with 999/749 forks.

but like Joe says... You will need clip ons, some shim for the lower clamp, i used 0.5 sheet aluminium and to measure up your brake calipers and stuff like that...

Let us know what bike you have and i will see what i can help you with...

·
Banned
3,890 Posts
I did this conversion on my 2002, but with 748 forks. What year is your Supersport? You may not need as much as Joe says, but he's right if it's an older bike. I used 999 clipons.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have Cycle Cat clip ons on my converted front end and I love them. They are adjustable (though not by much because of fairing placement), wider (easier to throw into turns), and the best part, they look trick!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts