Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay,

I've got a bunch of performance mods sitting around in a box just waiting for some time and attention. My only question is what am I (if anything) missing?

Aftermarket filter
DP airbox lid
LV cat eliminator
DP termi slip-on ecu
Cored factory exhaust

I planned on having the exhaust plate removed and disabling it and the 02 sensor at the Ducati dealership. This is possible right, I've heard varying answers regarding this question.

I also have a wide band 02 sensor that allows me to track and record RPM/TPS/Air-fuel while I'm out riding using the 02 bung on the cat eliminator. Once I have all of those reading how do I actually tune the injection to correct any excesses or deficiencies?

And what of the trim and tps reset that I have heard people talk about?

·
Registered
592 Posts
tps needs setting when you install new ecu so it knows where your throttle is.

fuel trim is a broad range +/- with no real tuning for RPM etc

the o2 sensor and flapper can go with the new ECU no worries. if you have VDST you could install your own i guess.

wideband sensor tuning you'll prob need a PCIII to fix up issues

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess my biggest concern is the maint. light with the removal of the 02 sensor or the exhaust valve, is there anyone else that has the 96519308B ECU that comes with the termi slip ons that isn't using an 02 or the exup valve.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll check my DP Ecu model later, but I had to go to the dealer and they did something in the back that they "wouldn't tell me" to get it to work, I presume without the o2 sensor and flapper. They didn't charge me so I wasn't going to stop them.. I still wish I knew what they had to do when installing it.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've heard a beast R (from about 100 yards away), and to tell you the truth the idea of riding around on a bike that requires hearing protection just doesn't suit me. Kinda like a Harley that doesn't leak all over the garage.

The flywheel idea does hold some intrigue.

I want the exhaust note that an 1100 twin should have, not the peashooter, congested version delivered by the EPA.

·
Registered
152 Posts
yea buggs I got the 2-1-2 termi and sounds sick.. I went with the Zard header route lot less of a headace with all the flapper and different pipes.. It looks sick though..

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Buggs, as far as I know the DP ECU holds the flapper in the open position and the kit comes with an O2 sensor blanking plug, so it removes the closed loop system portion of the ECU. (Atleast it does here in Oz) Therefore no issues with the light.

You can then use a PC5 and AutoTune to complete the process.

·
Registered
2008 Hypermotard 1100S
59 Posts
yea buggs I got the 2-1-2 termi and sounds sick.. I went with the Zard header route lot less of a headace with all the flapper and different pipes.. It looks sick though..
Which carbon heat shield are you using instead of the cheesy ZARD one on the midpipe? That looks great IMO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts