Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
100 Posts
Not really needing that but they look like nice pieces of kit!

Just being curious, would one know the weight difference VS the original tank & tail (let's say biposto, worse case)?

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
Pretty sure SC mono tank I just shipped in original,packing was 23lbs without searching receipts and emails.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Does anyone have these. The old posts I dug up pretty much
everyone had problems with the Tail section not fitting and
lots of problems with the tank not fitting and not being
symmetrical as well.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Does anyone have these...
I have one of the tanks and yes it was a problem getting it to fit. Mine had the opposite problem of the stupid plastic tanks...it was too narrow to fit on the bike even with the stock smaller cups. I sent it back to MotoWorks. They kept it several weeks then returned it to me in the same condition but with some rather crudely cut down mounting cups. It is a tight fit but works fine. It is also slightly asymmetrical but that doesn't bother me it just shows that it was hand made. The one on my bevel Duc is the same. It's considerably lighter than the stock tank but I never weighed it and it holds about .8 gallons more fuel if I am remembering correctly. If I lived closer to the guy selling I would pick it up as the price is exceptional and I would like to have the alloy seat unit. I'd have to strip off the black paint and polish it to match my tank however.

Attachments

Reactions: sunstar557

·
Registered
901 Posts
Here's a photo of one of the cut down stock cups I was sent just in case the supplier thinks I am being pissy about the "fix" I was offered for my non-fitting tank. Wouldn't have taken much effort on their part to file off the angle grinder marks and sand it smooth as compensation for receiving a $2000+ tank that didn't fit and they couldn't see fit to replace. But it is nice to no longer have to deal with my tank spreading off the cups and to save several pounds over the plastic tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for sharing the info & photos StraDuc, that polished look is fantastic, goes well as an homage to the old Bevel bike!

Being curious, isn't it not too painful to keep it clean for a regular ridden bike ? What kind of treatment/finish did you put to protect yours?
Reminds me of some of those aluminium body AC Cobras where owners would share how painful it is to keep the polished look clean.

The full "Imola" setup sure is tempting for a monoposto bike..

·
Registered
901 Posts
Being curious, isn't it not too painful to keep it clean for a regular ridden bike ? What kind of treatment/finish did you put to protect yours?
I never ride in the rain, well at least by choice, and the bikes are always under a cover in the garage or during the winter they live inside my warm house, so the polish stays pretty nice as long as I can keep people with mucky sweaty hands from touching the tank... not always an easy task since the polished metal seems to beg a little poke from passers by. I hit it with Mothers or Rolite polish on a random orbit polisher a couple of times a season and it takes maybe a half hour. Small price to pay for the liquid metal look of polished alloy that I love. No coating on it of any kind, just bare polished aluminum. I have also been asked about the sun glaring up into my eyes off the tank but with a full face helmet that isn't a problem either. My airplane is also bare polished aluminum and like an alloy Cobra is much MUCH larger than the bike parts so it is considerably more work to keep up, and I'm sorry to admit I am a bit lax on keeping it as pretty as it deserves.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks Straduc, that bare metal look is indeed quite special and looks fantastic to me; nice little plane you have here! :cool:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I was just told that it's sold. Snooze, lose.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I was really interested in these but a few issues kept me from
buying them. He told me that he had never tried to fit them on his bike.
I mentioned that was a concern for me as many people had issues with
fitment? I asked him if he painted them because people had issues with
dents and symmetry he said that the tank has small dents on the top
but that he made sure it was symmetrical. I asked if he had a seat for
the tail section and he said no. Since many people had returned the tail
sections and never received a good one they just got refunds the fact
that he couldn't confirm that it fit was a big issue. And the final factor
is I have a 2nd stock tank that I picked up 2nd hand and a brand new
still in the box ETI FUEL Cell as well. If I didn't already have the kevlar
fuel cell I might have taken a chance on these. He led me to believe
that the tank has filler in the dents so the polished look was a no go
hope it works out for the buyer.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,211 Posts
It's a tank and seat for a sport classic, he still has them.

(I don't know him, I just saw them for sale and thought someone here needed them.)
I got em! Thanks for the tip!

If I lived closer to the guy selling I would pick it up as the price is exceptional and I would like to have the alloy seat unit. I'd have to strip off the black paint and polish it to match my tank however.
I took the risk and sealed the long distance deal.

I will only use the tank. Are you interested in the seat? It is in Nevada right now.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,211 Posts
After I received the seat home in Mexico I considered keeping it for a while, but I finally decided to sell it.

I just posted the seat on the classifieds and on ebay.

I am ready to answer any questions as I have already tried it on my bike.

Please send me a PM if interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts