Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont like the black triangles! I discovered that all my peg vibration is related to the triangles being attached to the exhaust! There is no vibration at the frame mounting point.

I initially thought it was from the engine, but I held the rear of the black triangle and buuuzzzzzz..

I searched all the threads and I am aware that there has been talk but no action. Well except for some hacking. Any news on the situation?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
You will need to buy either some Mono rearsets or aftermarket rearsets, I don't think that anyone here actually ever intends on making these from scratch. What we do need however is a hanger solution in order to eliminate the BBT, on that front watch this thread ;)

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=42125&page=6

·
Registered
737 Posts
Did you send your rearsets across to Ed in the Shed here to play with? Rearsets are on my radar once we get some solution to the problem.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
has anyone else noticed the vibration felt though the pegs? It's a high frequency type. I wonder if going with Termi's might help as well. From what I am told the stock exhaust is heavy and might tend to vibrate the black triangles more.

The vibration is definitely one of the things that annoys me about this bike. Wouldn't be so bad if it didnt make my feet go numb.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Just found these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ducati-SS-99-Sport-Classic-Rearsets-Billet-rear-pegs_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35611QQihZ009QQitemZ190287355017QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

All we need are some hangers, which should be very easy to make with a small welder and some steel :)

I may give these a try
Just a follow-up on this old thread. The rearsets above are in fact what I am running on my sport classic right now. They fit fine, come with shifter and brake pedal, but the pegs are only 3 inches long and feel tiny compared to the GT pegs I am used to. Also, although they stick fine, I don't really like the CNC style pegs and am going to change to some aculigns or satos or something else with big knurled pegs.

If anyone wants these badboys, you can have them for $150 bucks (about 100 bucks less than what I paid for them on fleabay).

·
Registered
517 Posts
The rearsets above are in fact what I am running on my sport classic right now. They fit fine, come with shifter and brake pedal...
Barfer: Which bike do you have? Mono - single shock? or Biposto?
I assume you need spacers for the right side rearset to fit the dual shock Biposto...
I might be interested, but will have to wait before I get them.

Someone make rearsets
Greg is working on rearsets with removable passenger pegs...
Here's the link to the thread:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=71408

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Barfer: Which bike do you have? Mono - single shock? or Biposto?
I assume you need spacers for the right side rearset to fit the dual shock Biposto...
I might be interested, but will have to wait before I get them.

Greg is working on rearsets with removable passenger pegs...
Here's the link to the thread:
http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=71408
Running them on a GT1000. No spacers needed. There is a pretty decent photo of them on the last page of the current "Sport Classic Photo" thread.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Wow! That's a great shot! Lost of goodies on your bike!
I'm definitely getting rearsets (as well as a different side stand) for next riding season. The brake peg as well as the side stand are too low and were dragging on the track. I am waiting to see what Greg comes up with...
Are these motovation rear axle spools/sliders?
Sorry, don't mean to to jack the thread, but which rear stand do you use with them?
I have the T-Rex rear stand, but it doesn't fit those spools. The width is adjustable, but it's either too narrow, or too large for the spools.

PS: The knee pucks are still new though.... you surely have to work on that next!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Rear sliders are off ebay, I can't remember the brand, but like you, I had trouble finding a stand that fit them. I had to chop up some mounts on a pitpull stand to make one that fit.

The pants are only four rides old and for some reason I've been riding spots that only have knee grinding lefts and not rights. Right now my pants look pretty lopsided. Then again, so does my rear tire.

I'm going to Thunderhill in a week, so turn 14 will cure the right knee puck of its virginity.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Is that a GT, Barfer? If so, I had a set of spools like that on mine and they would hit the mufflers when riding. You might want to be sure they aren't getting in the way.

And you still haven't told us how you mounted the muffler cans now that you removed the ugly black triangles. Surely it is not just held on by the clamp, is it? Or if it is, it won't be for long!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Is that a GT, Barfer? If so, I had a set of spools like that on mine and they would hit the mufflers when riding. You might want to be sure they aren't getting in the way.

And you still haven't told us how you mounted the muffler cans now that you removed the ugly black triangles. Surely it is not just held on by the clamp, is it? Or if it is, it won't be for long!
Yes, its a GT and I noticed the same problem. I twisted the mufflers upward at the mounts to increase group clearance and to keep the spools from hitting.

The pipes have been hanging there free as a bird with no supports for exactly 8 days now. This isn't permanent, I plan to get mount for each pipe in short order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts