Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not that I have the money at the moment, but I was looking at this auction longingly... prettiest and most perfect streetfighter I have seen... I think $16,600 with these options is a damn good price. whoever buyer is got a smoking deal in my opinion... DAMN, it was for sale in San fran just a few miles from me... I should have pulled the trigger and dealt with the consequences later.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200750817112

·
Registered
211 Posts
That is a sweet bike and sweeter deal!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yea, I saw that and added up all the goodies. Shit I think i overpaid for mine for sure. damn this area I live in

Sent from my...

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I had this on my watch list. The guy lowered the reserve price in the middle of the auction.

Would have loved this in my garage.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm probably alone in this, but carbon fiber has lost it's luster with me. I really don't care for a ton of CF on my bike. A little goes a long way I think. But there gets a point where too much, is just that...too much CF... :eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm probably alone in this, but carbon fiber has lost it's luster with me. I really don't care for a ton of CF on my bike. A little goes a long way I think. But there gets a point where too much, is just that...too much CF... :eek:
I felt the same way when I bought mine... thought there was too much CF in the pics, but in real life I think it looks better than the stock flat black pieces. I don't know why the difference, but I feel the same way looking at the pics of this bike right now. Static pictures make it look like "too much" but when you're there walking around the bike, it just seems to fit (to me anyway.)

That being said, this validates the deal I got on mine was killer. It had actually had more CF on it than this one, frame sliders, rizoma mirrors/grips both, and integrated front LED turn signals above and beyond what's listed here, and I paid ~3500 less. :)

Mine did have about 3k more miles, but for all intents and purposes it is in perfect shape.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Mine did have about 3k more miles, but for all intents and purposes it is in perfect shape.
Bah...3,000 miles aint nothin' in the whole scheme of things. Sounds like you love the bike, which I'm happy for you for. Right on Perm! :eek:

Let me clarify, I think everyone should deck their bikes out as much, or as little as they want. Whatever tickles their pickle....

Wonways bike in the SF Pictures section is about just what I prefer. Although, Sputs sure has done/doing a lot to his, that I would most certainly LOVE to have on mine.

I think the next thing I'll go to install, is the quickshifter on the fighter. I have it on my SP, and have grown to love it, and almost can't live without. Ha! :eek:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah I think I took you to mean that... I feel the same way, stock is cool, CF'd is cool, and whatever in between is just fine too. Had I purchased mine brand new I can definitely say I wouldn't have spent so much on CF as the previous owner of mine did... lots of money dropped into it.

+1 on the quickshifter...

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have to agree with those who feel that some bikes suffer from cf-overload.......all the same, those wheels give me wood:D

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I felt the same way when I bought mine... thought there was too much CF in the pics, but in real life I think it looks better than the stock flat black pieces. I don't know why the difference, but I feel the same way looking at the pics of this bike right now. Static pictures make it look like "too much" but when you're there walking around the bike, it just seems to fit (to me anyway.)

That being said, this validates the deal I got on mine was killer. It had actually had more CF on it than this one, frame sliders, rizoma mirrors/grips both, and integrated front LED turn signals above and beyond what's listed here, and I paid ~3500 less. :)

Are you considering though that this one has full termi and BSTs? I really really liked this one.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Isn't the original owner a member of this forum?...I seem to recall this SF on here...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Are you considering though that this one has full termi and BSTs? I really really liked this one.
Yep, I meant to imply that my bike had everything this bike has listed (and that I can see in the pics) and then also the other things that I listed on top of that. Apologies, I wasn't clear there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts