Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
At Spectrum Ducati in Irvine last Sunday. Members of the Orange County Ducati Club were there to watch Round 1 of World Superbike at the dealership's lounge. I snapped these pics ... there were a lot more bikes, but I didn't have the time to take more pics:

A gsxr 1k with a pretty unique Undertail exhaust. Sounded nice too:

This one had the special tail someone was asking about on this board the other day:

This bike got lots of attention:

XEROX bike, just a couple of weeks old. THere was another one that arrived later:

This one was by far the sexiest :p :

Just a plain old pic I took on a ride on the way home (errr, the long way). I damn nearly fell when my right foot slipped off the gravel while my left foot was pulling the kickstand down. It's a good thing I have super powers (like fear of 4k in damage):

Attachments

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
last photo was the only one that worked...

·
Registered
184 Posts
galaxy said:
last photo was the only one that worked...
Same for me too

·
Registered
184 Posts
migz123 said:
Ok, fixed now.
Good shit that GSXR undertail is pretty cool.

I just kinda wonder why some of those people still use the dunlop 208, I guess none of them had any close calls with them yet.

Oh and by chance do you know what kind of windscreen is on the xerox ducati, and what company makes the one you have

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
racedfila749 said:
Oh and by chance do you know what kind of windscreen is on the xerox ducati, and what company makes the one you have
I'm not sure what the windscreen is on that Xerox bike. The one on mine came right off the parts shelf at the dealership, not sure too what brand it is exactly, maybe it is Ducati Performance. I'll ask when I visit there again.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
He he...I noticed all the Dunlops too. Great pics. Migz, as much as I love your bike, it's gonna come in a VERY tight second place in this photo shoot. That Xerox bike has touched me for some reason like no other bike in a long time. Off the subject though...how much mileage are you getting out of your Pirelli's?? I will need tires this summer and on top of that, have a track day in September so toying with the idea of trying a set considering I have never heard any kind of bad about the Diablo's??

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
galaxy said:
He he...I noticed all the Dunlops too. Great pics. Migz, as much as I love your bike, it's gonna come in a VERY tight second place in this photo shoot. That Xerox bike has touched me for some reason like no other bike in a long time. Off the subject though...how much mileage are you getting out of your Pirelli's?? I will need tires this summer and on top of that, have a track day in September so toying with the idea of trying a set considering I have never heard any kind of bad about the Diablo's??
Yes, the XEROX bikes looks very nice, from a distance you would think that Bayliss himself is coming to visit :D It is definitely a head turner (it better be, for over $35k invested).

About the tires - this is the first time I have used Diablo Corsas. I only have used it 500 mi since I got it 2 months ago, so I can't give you very good advise for its longevity. Also, I have never used it on the track yet, although I have a couple of track days this year to try it out ... I'm kind of excited for that, just waiting on some plastics to arrive.

I am told that even Advanced group riders can get 4 track days out of the rear Diablo Corsas, and twice that for the front. (this was definitely not the case with SuperCorsas, which I ran before - 3 days at best. I loved those tires).

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ducky996r said:
i am getting tired of everbody copying the undertail exhaust. come up with something original.
They already did :D

They days of the undertail exhaust are numbered. Between roasting asses and top-weight, you can pretty much bet on it that there will be no more undertail exhausts in only a few years.

·
http://www.ducati-owners-group.c
2,008 Posts
Is the race exhaust that comes with the Xerox a slip on with a ECU? The pipe on the Xerox in the PIC is not 57mm, looks like stock with new can?
Maybe a great idea since the 57mm burns the shit out of the fairing..

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
brianmdavis said:
Is the race exhaust that comes with the Xerox a slip on with a ECU? The pipe on the Xerox in the PIC is not 57mm, looks like stock with new can?
Maybe a great idea since the 57mm burns the shit out of the fairing..
It sure does look like stock headers. I'm pretty sure the Termi can did not come stock.

Do you have a pic of the burned fairing? Wouldn't Ducati be reponsible for that as it's supposed to fit right? Isn't this what we pay the big bucks for?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I thought the 999r's come with the termi just not on the bike, it like comes in its own box and you gotta put it on

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Here is what the Ducati web site says in part;

RACING KIT
The Testastretta in the 999R can be made even more powerful using the racing kit (for track use only) that comes with every bike. It includes a 102 dB Termignoni exhaust, with a horizontal exhaust rear section without a catalytic converter, and a special electronic control unit. All this results in improved performance and a weight loss of 3 kg (6.6 lbs).

2006 MSRP $32,995 USD ($41,995 CND)

It fails to mention if the owner pays to have it installed every time he/she goes to the track... :crazy:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Great Pics!! My dealer told me that the 999R does not come with the Termi exhaust. I don't know about the Xerox 999R. The 999S does come with the exhaust & ECU chip.

E

·
0 Posts
When I purchased mine in December it was prior to the Xerox release. I was told that the S models still came with the Termi slip on but the R model race kit is not available in North America and therefore not included. Although I would never consider any bike an investment the inclusion of the slip on with the Xerox (plus the shock) make it more financially prudent than the plain R model if that is the goal. I had the 57mm titanium system installed and although expensive the performance gains are impressive. Even so, out the door my total was higher than had I purchased a Xerox. Interesting....

·
Registered
424 Posts
+1 on Xerox!

My favorite Xerox pic.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
+1. Same thing from my dealer. Exhaust comes in the box with the S but not the R.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My gawd,
Check the size of those chicken strips on the Xerox R. The current owner does not belong on that bike.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts