Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been away for a while, not been riding due to health problems but now on the mend. Had my 'puter stolen at about the time I got sick so its been a bugger trying to get internet access too. Any help at all would be much appreciated for my little problem. I'm trying to install a small compact air-horn, a Stebel 'Ear-Canon', on my 2014 Multi. I can only find one place to fit it and that is exactly where the existing 'angry mosquito' electric horn lives at the moment. It will be a really tight fit and until I get in there I won't know just how tight.

My problem is that I cannot remove the side panel which covers the area. I can get one bolt out but the others seem 'stuck' meaning they appear to have 'something' on the side that's out of view holding them and they won't pull off. I've never had to work on my Multi before and would be very thankful for any one who could either tell me what I'm doing wrong or point me to a diagram of some sort.

I think I'll be fine doing the electric connection, I just can't get this damn side panel off to get to the horn. Ta! :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
well it`s just the 2 screws and pull it to the rear to un latch the hook from the groove at the front. if the screw is turning with the nut then you have to either find a way to reach behind or drill the head off carefully

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
You have to contort that piece a lot more than feels comfortable to get it free, as you mention there's a clip that hangs up and you need to bow the piece in the middle to get it loose. There is a video on youtube that offers some suggestions and shows you what things should look like.

Getting it back on is equally not fun... making me think that as the bikes get older and the plastic gets more brittle, these pieces might become impossible to remove without breaking them.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank You!

Thanks Mike and Dave,

I'll get stuck into it now that I have a bit more confidence that it should yield to me! Much appreciated guys, thanks for the time to respond. Sometimes it just helps to know I can bend that plastic a bit more and that I am supposed to do that!

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts