Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my forks pulled off my Hypermotard S so I could have the tubes anodized black and was wondering what I should do when getting them reassembled? I don't really have the money for a cartriage kit and was curious if there are any cheaper options for better performance out of these. Maybe some different fork oil levels and weight? Different springs? Please help!

Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just got my forks pulled off my Hypermotard S so I could have the tubes anodized black and was wondering what I should do when getting them reassembled? I don't really have the money for a cartriage kit and was curious if there are any cheaper options for better performance out of these. Maybe some different fork oil levels and weight? Different springs? Please help!

Thanks.
Do a search in this forum or page through the posts. There are lots of threads on this. Who anodized your tunes? Would like to see a pic posted when you get them back before install.

Stan

·
Registered
680 Posts
When you make a new part out of aluminum it is nice and shinny and raw so anodizing soakes in very easy, when you anodize it gold or whatever then try to re-anodize it, it has to be acid etched to strip it which makes it dull so you then have to polish it some way and make sure all the old anodizing is off so it will look good, kind of an art. If you just take it to an anodizer and say make it black, 9 times out of 10 it will look like crap, so make sure they know how you want it to look in the end. Remember, it's just another chunk of metal to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts