Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
What on earth makes this guy think that his base 748 is a 748RS?????? I won't even go into all of the other erroneous things in the listing but if he takes that "1" off the price, he might get a taker...

·
Registered
446 Posts
He's fishing for a sucker... when I first started making a real paycheck I bought a BMW 335i after my Chevy Cobalt gave up the ghost ... I had no idea about BMWs or what a 335i was or was not. I just knew that I liked what it did when I put my foot down and so I paid pretty much the asking price. Might not work here, but there's lots of folks w more $ than knowledge... although Google is fighting the good fight on their behalf if they're so inclined.

·
Registered
862 Posts
That's why drugs are illegal.....

·
Registered
7,409 Posts
Someone said the point of these scams is to get your phone number. Is that true ?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I have seen one of my 999s bikes for sale by a scammer when I owned it and was not for sale by me. He used a pic of my bike from a Ducati track day at NHIS.

I first asked the scammer. Nice bike, what track is that ? He replied he could not remember. I said really I do because you posted a pic of my bike, the idiot even used an angle where the track sticker and race number was making it even more obvious he was cluelesss.

There is currently a 749 "xerox edition" being advertised by a dealer in TX. I contacted the dealer and told
Them it was false advertising and explained only 999r are xerox and those are all numbered. His reply, I didn't say it was authentic. Lol, great dealer. He refused to pull his add

·
Registered
113 Posts
30,000 miles PLUS collectors item are mutually exlcusive. Just flag the listing so it gets taken down. Morons Morons everywhere.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Someone said the point of these scams is to get your phone number. Is that true ?
There is a lot of reasons for these craigslist scams and its not just phone numbers.

Each scammer has its own reasons but some gather a bunch of information to compile and sell user data. This is sold in batch sales, valued by what is called user points.

For instance a name and known correct cell phone number has a price, that is different (and less) then a name, a phone number, a physical address and an an email.

They can gather hundreds of these and sell them as a batch. Some making as low as 30-50 cents per item to as much as a couple bucks per full point collection.

What's the point for 50 cents? well they post these in multiple listing and collect hundreds of emails a day. You can make a honest, err DIShonest living off that.

But its not just craigslist that does this, what some would consider "reputable" companies do this as well.

Other scammers do more then this and look for the ability to gather enough info to sell black market (or use themselves) for identity theft, and transferring money illegally.

Craigslist will block emails of known scammers who are posting with the intent to scam. however all they do to get around this is put their email or contact number in the image they are posting. That way they can create emails like [email protected], then when it gets deleted they open [email protected] and keep going like this posting the same image with their contact email or cellphone unchanged. Craigslist at this time does not have the ability to scan images for text. This is some regards cant be stopped yet.

You can however spot this immediately by the typical "don't contact me through craigslist please use the email/ number shown"

That's why with craigslist, its always better to meet up in a known safe location and deal local.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts