Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I liked the way my 999S Parts Unlimited was a very close copy of Bostrom's, not exact, but close as far as paint and sponsor decals went.

The Nicky 848 was not as close to the real race bike. Not only in all the missing decals, but also the colors and placement are a little different.

I wanted to spruce mine up and make it look a bit more race-replica, but ran into some issues. First, the fairings are different shapes, with vents in different places, etc... Second, Ducati put some other graphics and colors in different places where you would want to put the stuff from Nicky's GP bike.

So, I simply decided to go to my painter, who also has a plotter and can whip up some vinyl decals in minutes, to create a more race replica look. So we took various decals from Nicky's bike, and simply adapted them to my hayden Edition 848, and here are the results...

Right side:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kinda like the Marlboro logo, but the beauty of vinyl is that if I come up with something better, it is easy to pull it off and put the new one on. :)

And yeah, I did get a set of Woodcraft rearsets after the accident. I got a ton of shift-tech carbon fiber, an Ohlins damper and the woodcraft rearsets, which came with a shifter and brake lever.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks great. im thinking of getting the same carbon tank lowers and heat shield. Where did you get the cowl? Actually I may get that with a sargent seat. You should check out a Fender eliminator, it puts the rear signals in the rear vents looks way clean.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks great. im thinking of getting the same carbon tank lowers and heat shield. Where did you get the cowl? Actually I may get that with a sargent seat. You should check out a Fender eliminator, it puts the rear signals in the rear vents looks way clean.
Here is a list of the mods...

DP Rear cowl
DP tinted windscreen
Termi slipons with DP ECU
PC-V w/custom map
DP CF key guard cover
Shift-Tech CF Front fender
Shift-Tech CF Air Duct cowls
Shift-Tech CF Tank covers/side panels
Shift-Tech CF heat shield
Ohlins steering damper
Woodcraft rearsets