1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
....no way.... please wake me up...

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
I heard some place that the SF was outsourced somewhere else. Could this be it??

·
Registered
34 Posts
....no way.... please wake me up...
Sorry mate I fail to see what is bad with VW buying the Ducati?? Call me silly but I think this is good for Ducati.. I rather see the VW as the owner as oposed to that Indian company "HERO".

If I remember correctly Lamborghini was bought by the same mob and they saved their arse. Lambo still makes hot looking, fast cars but now with added German reliability and good engineering into the mix. I fail to see that as a bad thing...

Look maybe the Germans will help our US brothers by coming up with a proper fix to the expanding fuel tanks by making the tanks that do not expand..

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
sorry mate i fail to see what is bad with vw buying the ducati?? Call me silly but i think this is good for ducati.. I rather see the vw as the owner as oposed to that indian company "hero".

If i remember correctly lamborghini was bought by the same mob and they saved their arse. Lambo still makes hot looking, fast cars but now with added german reliability and good engineering into the mix. I fail to see that as a bad thing...

Look maybe the germans will help our us brothers by coming up with a proper fix to the expanding fuel tanks by making the tanks that do not expand..
+1

·
Registered
106 Posts
Whats wrong with HERO?
besides i thought it was the indian company Mahindra that wanted to buy ducati, its the same company that owns 36% of Ktm, and KTM has been doing brilliant every since.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Whats wrong with HERO?
besides i thought it was the indian company Mahindra that wanted to buy ducati, its the same company that owns 36% of Ktm, and KTM has been doing brilliant every since.
Nothing wrong with HERO just not as good as VW in my opinion :).. When it comes to quality I simply trust the Germans more, no offence to anyone intended..

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Sorry mate I fail to see what is bad with VW buying the Ducati?? Call me silly but I think this is good for Ducati.. I rather see the VW as the owner as oposed to that Indian company "HERO".

If I remember correctly Lamborghini was bought by the same mob and they saved their arse. Lambo still makes hot looking, fast cars but now with added German reliability and good engineering into the mix. I fail to see that as a bad thing...

Look maybe the Germans will help our US brothers by coming up with a proper fix to the expanding fuel tanks by making the tanks that do not expand..
I don't think there's anything wrong with VW buying Ducati. My only concern is what will a Ducati look like in the next few years, compared to the current models? Will the model now be something of the past after 2 years of ownership?

Look at Benelli. The first line up after they were bought out by the Japan company were nothing like any Benelli before.

Anyone with a 2012 might be looking at the 2014 model and seeing nothing in common anymore.

On the positive side we'd have a classic only after 2 years.

·
Registered
697 Posts
+1

Whats wrong with HERO?
You've got the name mixed up. It wasn't Mahindra, it was Bajaj who bought a significant stake in KTM (more than 36% if I remember correctly).

Mahindra bought an engine design company. I think the deal is being reversed as the clients of this company (the large japanese biggies) weren't comfortable with their IPR being at the disposal of a rival bike manufacturer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I don't think there's anything wrong with VW buying Ducati. My only concern is what will a Ducati look like in the next few years, compared to the current models? Will the model now be something of the past after 2 years of ownership?

Look at Benelli. The first line up after they were bought out by the Japan company were nothing like any Benelli before.

Anyone with a 2012 might be looking at the 2014 model and seeing nothing in common anymore.

On the positive side we'd have a classic only after 2 years.
When Audi took over Lamborghini they understood that in order to be succesful, they should not change the culture of the company. Look at the Lamborghini's that have come out recently, like the Aventador; they're still crazy unsensible supercars with amazing design.

I'm quite sure Audi/VAG will let Ducati 'be'. Perhaps there will be some small exchange of knowledge on certain subjects, and perhaps departments like quality control will be improved. I don't expect to see a different image of Ducati because of this.

·
Registered
193 Posts
When Audi took over Lamborghini they understood that in order to be succesful, they should not change the culture of the company. Look at the Lamborghini's that have come out recently, like the Aventador; they're still crazy unsensible supercars with amazing design.

I'm quite sure Audi/VAG will let Ducati 'be'. Perhaps there will be some small exchange of knowledge on certain subjects, and perhaps departments like quality control will be improved. I don't expect to see a different image of Ducati because of this.
Defiantly agree with this

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
654 Posts
This is a good thing. VAG has lots of money to throw around, maybe next year Ducati's Motogp effort will be excessively funded by VAG instead of PM, and they will build something that is more competitive.

And here's to hoping they change the color of the Motogp bike, I'm sick of red.

·
Registered
26 Posts
the only reason i would rather see HERO buy ducati is that they are motorcycle company, VW is all about stupid 4 wheels and we all know cars are stupid

1 - 20 of 26 Posts