Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some unexpected bills and had to sell the ST3. Fortunately I didn't take a hit on it but I am sorry to see it go. Not many 750 mile bikes out there. I'll keep hanging around here as I will replace it with another ST some time in '10 (I hope). The only gripe I had with the ST3 was a bit of softness in the front end, and that makes me think about moving to an ST4s if one comes up. Possibly '03 or so, the prices are really soft right now and should continue that way for quite a while I think.
Cheers
Al

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
This is a great forum ST rider or not- I hope that you do stick around. Keep a look out there have been some smokin deals on ST's lately. The soft front end can be fixed really easily and cheaply.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hey OregonAl,
Sorry to hear you had to sell your ride. There's always another one.
But Butch-
What's the easy and cheap fork fix? I'm hating mine at the moment and just starting serious research to resolve to issue.
Thanks

·
I yam what I yam
989 Posts
Wow Al I'm sorry that you had to let the black beauty go! I was hoping we'd get together for a ride one of these days.

Somebody got themselves a really nice ride. Did you sell it locally?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Hey OregonAl,
Sorry to hear you had to sell your ride. There's always another one.
But Butch-
What's the easy and cheap fork fix? I'm hating mine at the moment and just starting serious research to resolve to issue.
Thanks
A set of race tech gold valves, correct springs for your weight and fresh oil are the way to go (IMHO). I think that this upgrade costs about $350- it has been several years since I had mine done. Rick @ Cogent Dynamics did mine but I know lots of their customers do their own install.
This really changes the way the bike rides, brakes and corners. This is the first upgrade that I would make to any bike- big bang for the buck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not long ago during the summer, I had to sell my ST3 as well. I really wish I still had it. I had redone the forks and added an Ohlins rear and it was just perfect...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I am already scanning the web for deals on an st4s..I'll let winter settle in really good and if the right bike comes along it may happen in time for the start of riding season. And Michael, I've still got the Guzzi so once the rains stop around here (if ever) we can certainly plan on a ride-I think we have some of the most amazing roads in the country around here.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I had some unexpected bills and had to sell the ST3. Fortunately I didn't take a hit on it but I am sorry to see it go. Not many 750 mile bikes out there. I'll keep hanging around here as I will replace it with another ST some time in '10 (I hope). The only gripe I had with the ST3 was a bit of softness in the front end, and that makes me think about moving to an ST4s if one comes up. Possibly '03 or so, the prices are really soft right now and should continue that way for quite a while I think.
Cheers
Al
Hi Al -

you are lucky to be in Oregon near GP Suspension. They have valve and spring kits for the ST3 and the ST3s that make a world of difference. You can also change out the spring on your rear shock for you weight and riding style. Those two things made my ST3s ride perfect for my weight and style.

Hope you can get another ST soon, I cant imagine being without mine. (unless it get replaced with a multi1200)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts