Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it.
I out it up for sale and within a week I had three guys waiting to buy it. Sold it for my asking price and bought a 2012 DF 848 in black and added termi's and the air filter/ecu. Stealth black with carbon cans.
I get the new bike next week...delivering the Hyper to it's new home this morning.
I tried out the SF 848 this week and was quite impressed. Apart from a fuelling glitch at 3500rpm (which it seems most have), the bike ran amazing. Very good top end but missing the "right now" snap of torque that the Hyper has at lower rpm. I'll have to re-adjust my riding style. I'm putting on a 14T sprocket in front so that will help out as well...it's geared really tall.
On the highway (in my 15 min test ride), it offers better wind protection due in part to a better (I should say lower) position on the bars and the headlight deflects the air over most of my helmet.
I'm excited to ride it properly.
I love my HM but as an "all around bike" it was not what I was looking for. I have a 78 CB550 cafe racer that is good for putting around town and stuff but wanted something that i can ride more than 150km at a time without wanting to kill myself!
See you guys around!
Chris (now in the SF forum next door) :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on your purchase! There's a yellow 848 SF and a Titanium SF-R at my local dealership and I drool hardcore over them.

*but you'll be back:rolleyes:"

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I hope for you you're not going to regret this decision. The SF848 isn't really a fun bike, more sensible than fun really. SF1098 on the other hand, daaaaaaammmmnnnn!

·
Registered
532 Posts
All the best with your new bike. I changed my hyper last year to a 796 monster and lost a furtune of money to get back to the hyper. The hyper is a unique type of bike that once you get used to it then it is hard to find another bike that will content you.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I'm sure you'll enjoy the SF848, I here its actually a better bike than its bigger brother.
And when at the track, if a Hyper passes you, just nod. :D Aloha Alex

·
Registered
124 Posts
all the best with your new bike. I changed my hyper last year to a 796 monster and lost a furtune of money to get back to the hyper. The hyper is a unique type of bike that once you get used to it then it is hard to find another bike that will content you.
+1 :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
@darsey : i love my Hyper and believe nothing else would give me that special whomph... Except, maybe, in the corner of my mind i see Multistrada looming. Would i need all that extra horsepower ? And the extra 20 kg ? And the extra electronics ? Anyone made the switch ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I did not make the switch, but instead have both now. I would not get rid of eiither one!!

-KK

·
Registered
112 Posts
The Multistrada is a much bigger bike. But it handles incredibly well!!! Not to mention the power of the 1200 4 valve engine!!

-KK

·
Registered
532 Posts
Now to have the hyper and the multi would be something else. i could not afford it. i took the multi for a run last year and found her to be an awsome machine

·
Registered
45 Posts
In December, I test rode the new Multi and Hyper and went with the Hyper. The majority of my riding is around town, which is what led me to the Hyper. If you do a lot of long distance, the Multi is by far the better selection. I'm sure I will eventually have both in my garage, once the funds are there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If i could have as many bikes as I could, there would be a Hyper 1100, a 1198 and a Multi. Since I already have too many toys and not enough time to use them all, the SF was a good all around choice for me (I hope!).
The new owner of my old Hyper is in love. He texted me "It's fantastic :))))" yesterday. I think that's good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm sure you'll love the streetfighter, after all...it's a ducati! And one of the best looking ones with fruity cans on at that!
See, I've always thought bikes are like women...
No matter how much you love yours, you can't stop looking at others...
You often fancy having a go on a friends...
But most of us are scared of the financial implications...
So congratulations for having the courage my friend.
-When you do swap it's only natural to miss the old gal, but fear not, because unlike a woman, the old bike will always welcome you back :D

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm sure you'll love the streetfighter, after all...it's a ducati! And one of the best looking ones with fruity cans on at that!
See, I've always thought bikes are like women...
No matter how much you love yours, you can't stop looking at others...
You often fancy having a go on a friends...
But most of us are scared of the financial implications...
So congratulations for having the courage my friend.
-When you do swap it's only natural to miss the old gal, but fear not, because unlike a woman, the old bike will always welcome you back :D

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Quote of the year!!
It's how I feel...
The guy I sold it to got a great deal considering all the parts and the low mileage. I'm happy because I got what I wanted and it sold fast so I can enjoy a full summer on the new bike. I've got a great ride planned for Saturday already.
Fruity cans are going on at delivery and tidy tail on order already! Can't wait!
Plus, now I have a new buddy with a great Hyper (my old) to ride with.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Quote of the year!!
It's how I feel...
The guy I sold it to got a great deal considering all the parts and the low mileage. I'm happy because I got what I wanted and it sold fast so I can enjoy a full summer on the new bike. I've got a great ride planned for Saturday already.
Fruity cans are going on at delivery and tidy tail on order already! Can't wait!
Plus, now I have a new buddy with a great Hyper (my old) to ride with.
Man I test rode a 848 streetfighter on saturday... sooooo awesome. The 796 hyper is my first bike so it was quite a difference for me considering i've never ridden another motorcycle. It's got an awesome rumble when you twist the throttle and I like how it's leaned forward with more weight on the forks to really dive into turns. I want one soooo bad... about to put like 3gs in my bike though

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
I did not make the switch, but instead have both now. I would not get rid of eiither one!!

-KK

Nice choice of bikes. I agree the hyper and multi make a good pair. Both outrageously fun in different ways.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yet to ride an 848, but the hyper is second to none. If the hyper didn't exist, I would have went for it's bigger brother the 1098. Love the looks of these bikes. I would've saved up to have both.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts