Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a sad day. My GT1000 went off in a truck to its new owner today. I loved the bike and owned it four years, but due to changing life circumstances needed to let it go.

I wouldn't have sold it, but a couple of things happened in my life:

I quit my job a couple of months ago. I'm now on an extended sabbatical or maybe early retirement, time will tell. Things had been deteriorating at the company due to new ownership, and in March I told them to take their job and shove it. I'm poorer now but much happier!

Then the opportunity presented itself to buy back a bike I sold a couple of years ago. The new owner and I kept in touch, and when he mentioned he needed to sell, I jumped at the chance to get it back. It's a 1979 Suzuki GS1000, one of my all-time favorite bikes (and I've had quite a few over the years).

So now I'm without a Ducati. I had a lot of fun with the GT and I hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did. He's very excited to be getting it. Perhaps I'll get another Ducati one of these days. Who knows what the future may bring.

all the best,
Debby

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
The '79 GS1000 is a classic, glad you got what you wanted. Life has it's twists and turn but things usually end up for the better. Who knows, another DUC may be in your future to compliment the big Suzy. Drop in the forum sometimes.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
The '79 GS1000 is a classic, glad you got what you wanted. Life has it's twists and turn but things usually end up for the better. Who knows, another DUC may be in your future to compliment the big Suzy. Drop in the forum sometimes.
Next to the 750GT, the other bike from yesteryear that I really wanted was a 1978 GS1000EC with the inlaid white stripe. Ah, but I digress.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You're not the first to revisit previously owned bikes, I believe Peter Egan has done that too...

Check in with us now and then, you're family now! (Before my GT my previous ride was a GS1100G named XENA.:D)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Chuck, thanks for that thread link. Some nice bikes there.

This is mine:

I've got some parts and accessories for the GT to sell, so keep an eye on the classifieds.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Too bad you had to shed your GT, but that's great you were able to get your old GS1000 back. And what a beauty it is! I love all the late '70s-early '80s in-line four UJMs. I really wish Honda would offer the CB1100 stateside since it looks like such a nice tribute to that era.

Here's hoping your GT buyer takes as nice care of it as your GS owner looked after the GS!

·
Premium Member
999 Posts
sucks about the GT but at least it went to a good home.. i too am comtemplating selling my beloved GT.. its a really tough decision that doesn't come lightly. but it would be for a PS. so that can't be all that bad..

looking at the pic of your GS its making me miss my ol' 1977 GS450

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sold my GT last week as well. I tried not to think about it as the guy loaded it up. I drove mine for about 17k miles in the last year and half. Best and most reliable solo mount I've ever owned but me and wife are gonna spend more time riding and she was weaned on a comfy California Guzzi so I guess I'm headed back in that direction. Still yet, might have another Duc someday; that GT sure was a good one. Consoled by the fact the bike was bought by a forum member and I know it will be well taken care of.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Aww Debby, should have sold me your Alpinas before you sold the GT!! :)

Glad you got your old luv back, and thanks again for the storz damper. Nothing like an old luv.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts