Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used a seat bag on last years tour, but think I would prefer Soft throw over panniers, anyone using this set up, pictures appreciated along with recommended makes

·
Registered
146 Posts
Giant Loop is the ONLY way to go.

These guys are local to me. No afiliation except that we sell them in our store, and I ride off road with them.

http://www.giantloopmoto.com/products/great-basin-saddlebag

They used most of the Ducati's in our show room to perfect the fit. I have never seen a bag that even comes close to the quality of these. They fit any bike that can carry a passenger, and with a week of camping stuff, you can ride like it's not there.

·
Registered
520 Posts
These guys are local to me. No afiliation except that we sell them in our store, and I ride off road with them.

They used most of the Ducati's in our show room to perfect the fit. I have never seen a bag that even comes close to the quality of these. They fit any bike that can carry a passenger, and with a week of camping stuff, you can ride like it's not there.
Those are pretty cool! And I thought I had seen most all of the good designs for saddlebags and luggage.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,714 Posts
Consider the Cortech Tri-Bag system as well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
+1 for the Cortechs. I'll add the top bag for next season as well.

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts

That is an awesome concept for a bag, I'm selling my Cortech system and buying one of those before my next trip. The best part, if for some reason I crash my bike and have to take a plane ride back home it'll make a great neck donut:D

·
Registered
260 Posts
The Cortech looks really good, what is the advantage of the giant loop? Waterproof?

·
Registered
520 Posts
The Cortech looks really good, what is the advantage of the giant loop? Waterproof?
I don't know, but they're pretty cool looking, waterproof and I like the idea of the individual compartment bags inside. I used to have the Cortech bags on my DR650 and thought they were great. But I think they will burn with the Termi 2-1 system. They would on my DR without a rack to hold them away from the exhaust. Looking at the loop style bag, I think I could position the saddlebag portion forward enough to keep it off the pipe and I noticed in the directions they have some heat resistant straps/covers you can get.

I really want something big enough to handle a long 3-4 day weekend but removable. I have looked at making some pannier mounts and putting hard luggage (like Pelican cases) on but that sort of ruins the whole idea and look of a HM. And they aren't easy to take on an off.

Just my .02 since I've never seen the loop bag in person.

·
Registered
605 Posts
That giant loop is a $400 bag.:eek: Nice, but come on, this is getting ridiculous.

I got the Cortech saddlebags for $115. Yeah, there not waterproof but come with rain covers that seem to work fine. Just pack your clothes in a plastic bag inside. If you already have a seat bag or duffle, just get the mating fasteners, some strap, and clip it to the Cortechs.

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
i have the cortech with the tail bag. they came with my CBR and i use them a lot more than i would have expected. they fit the hyper well and are easy on and off.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That giant loop is a $400 bag.:eek: Nice, but come on, this is getting ridiculous.
They do seem ridiculously overpriced. But their fanatically owners make me wonder...

Nah, I just can't bring myself to spend that when there are so many other options for less.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Really? $400 is a lot on this forum? :think: I don't know anything about them but they appear pretty well made, very functional and I can use them on multiple bikes. I guess I found the $400 humourous since I see all the time guys spending an easy $400 on a carbon fiber open clutch cover, anodized pressure plate and stainless springs. No one thinks much of that... Guess it all depends on your priorities.

I'm not buying one because they're $400 and my wife would cut me off :eek: :eek: :eek: and a duffel bag strapped to the back will do what I need. And I want the CA oversize tank...

·
Registered
260 Posts
The point is that are 3x the price of the cortechs, so why are they 3x better?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Got these off ebay when I had the Triumph 675.

Paid $100 and they are awesome.

Fit the Hyper great. Just need to put some Ducati patches on them. :rolleyes:

Come with waterproof covers too.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,714 Posts
the Giant Loop: what happens when you don't have that much to pack? are you left with a saggy and sagging bag?

i can see how it would come in handy if you wanted to compartmentalize your goods given the separate inner bags, but it looks like it would be too much bag if your load wasn't all that big.

:eek: heh :eek:

cool design, that's for sure.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hmm...looks like the Hyper with my CA Cycles tank could be a tourer too :) But never as comfy as GS for distance ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks like something from the Beverly Hillbillies show...I like it & it's functional

·
Registered
18 Posts
So did anyone get a giant loop bag?

I do think that the Giant Loop bags are pricey, but I also was thinking that if I used the Coyote Giant Loop bag on my CRF250x as well, I might be able to justify the bag to myself by using it on more than one bike. Before I pull the trigger, are there any other brave souls out there that have already bought one? How does it work? Any good for the hyper? Pics?

I know it will work awesome on the CRF250x, but I am concerned about the hypers wider hips.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts