Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

SoCal meet NoCal - Annual Fall Gathering

3K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  oalvarez 
#1 ·
It’s the time of the year…
Fall is on the horizon, and so is our annual “SoCal meet NoCal” gathering.
This year’s Saint is definitely BHyper, who kindly reminded me that we should do this again.
May the God of all Hypers be with you Francesco

This year we propose Yosemite National Park as our destination. More or less the area east of Fresno. There are many camp grounds around there, and plenty of roads which - at least on Google Satellite - look twisty and beautiful. If someone has a different suggestion in terms of location, please speak up.
Suggested timeframe is the end of August, but this is just a suggestion, we recognize it might be too short of a notice. We’d like to know what you guys suggest as possible dates within the “end of august, beginning of November” period. It would be great if you can post your preferred dates so we know where the majority is leaning towards and plan accordingly.
Reminder: THIS GATHERING IS OPEN TO NONE CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS AND NONE HYPER RIDERS.

Peace out.

#2 ·
Ah Tamir...... It's good to see/read you on here my friend!!!!! We will likely participate but late August is the next Streets of Willow at NIGHT track day (Aug 21) so a few of us will be doing that. I prefer late September.

And I'm glad it is open to non-Hyper owners because.... well you know the story.

Cheers!

#4 ·
In between work and building the new house, I am missing a lot of motorcycle events: Ducati President's week, Miller and Laguna races, etc.
I did not even ride for over 3 weeks now !
I will also be out on business trips (and some vacation in between) from mid August to mid September. I'll see how things cool off but I doubt I'll be able to free a weekend in September.

#5 ·
Hype, this sounds great...but...(always one!) 1) Late August near Yosemite is scorching once you get out of the high elevations, and 2) it's family vacay time, and the roads will be covered with Winnebagoes and SUV's.

Pushing back until after school starts will help both of these.

I'd also suggest moving the location down to the Sequoia Nat'l Forest; we do a spring ride in that area that has a lot of NorCal and SoCal people, the roads are ridiculously good, and much less crowded than the roads near Yosemite. We base out of Porterville (check www.sierrarally.com).

#6 ·
This is a great start Tamir!

Last year the camping trip was fantastic. Let's keep this tradition.

Another good candidate would be the Sierra National Forest, near Huntington Lake. The lake is swimmable and quite (not too many power boats) and roads around there are very nice (although there is no loop).

End of September works for me, since the first three weeks of September we will be abroad.

Francesco

#7 ·
Reminder: THIS GATHERING IS OPEN TO NONE CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS AND NONE HYPER RIDERS.

Peace out.
Though I'm a "Non" Californian, I did live there once. I'm not clear on what exactly a "None" Californian is.

I'll have to chat with Dave about setting up a few of us to travel north and check it out!

-Joe..."Non" not "none"

#10 ·
Been away for a while, oh' well...

It seems like the end of September is where the majority is leaning towards, perhaps even the 1st weekend of October.

It would be great if someone who has been to the area, will put some thought into the main riding day's loop. This would give us a good reference for locating the right campground (shaded, with water - stream or lake - and has showers).

Any suggestions for roads?

Also, if anyone knows how, it would be great if this thread was pined with a sticky' so it doesn't drift down the thread order and out of sight :abduct:

#11 ·
Anything happening here??? I'm building the motor of death in my KTM so I can rip past all you old Hyper riders!!

#15 ·
Yep.... I'll make sure to point my camera to the back so folks will know you were there too :eek:

#20 ·
How about camping in Butano State Park and ride on Hwy 9/35? It's beautiful up there! The possible routes are endless! And campsites are in very nice redwood forests with lots of trails...

this is an excellent proposed event location ... a bunch of the best roads in nor cal are right in this area. the camping is good, and if you don't like the weather, you can ride 25 minutes and be in a different weather system :cool:

#21 ·
Does look great but the goal is to find a mid-point so neither end has an 8 hour drive to the sight.

#24 ·
Woo-hoo!

Hey Guys!

Just saw this thread, would be great to meet up with you guys again!

The midway point sounds great! I have had to work most weekends this summer and am jonesing to get out riding!

Not sure if dates have been chosen, but mid-September would be better for me. Hope to see you guys there!

#29 ·
I have an excuse...

Been away for so long... great to come back and see all the action.

It seems like I won't be able to attend this year's gathering.
I am planing on becoming a dad around mid October and my other half is not wishing to be away from town for too long during the last month...

We may however take the car for a drive Saturday afternoon and come to spend some time with all of you - considering it will take place mid way between north and south.

Now that I'm bystander, my advice for the organizers is; make a decision about place and date! the rest will sort itself out.

Peace out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.