Premium Member
1,399 Posts
I'll be at PI as usual:D

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What?

You mean all the Ducati shops are doing the same thing, on the same day??
When I got a personal invite call from SoCal I thought I was special, kinda V.I.P.ish, they said they needed to know if I was coming so they could have dinner ready for us, Oh, your not having dinner? well then maybe I r special, :rolleyes: Aloha Alex

·
Registered
215 Posts
You mean all the Ducati shops are doing the same thing, on the same day??
When I got a personal invite call from SoCal I thought I was special, kinda V.I.P.ish, they said they needed to know if I was coming so they could have dinner ready for us, Oh, your not having dinner? well then maybe I r special, :rolleyes: Aloha Alex
Your special all right but not in that way!;)

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hmmmm 6 - 9pm We had our previews two weeks ago and our local dealer treated us to a hog roast refreshing drinks for the Guys and Gals that stopped by oh and made a weekend of the thing. You really need to sort your dealers out over there. Lets face it the foods half the cost we have to pay over here let alone the fuel costs to get there. ;)

Enjoy your evening everyone and don't forget order one if you really want want but don't you go trading in your Hypers you'll know you will be dissappointed later.

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
I got a personal call too. Drinks and food supposedly. And I know for sure, I'M no VIP...

Let me know if you still go Alex (or anyone else for that matter), I'll keep an eye out for ya! :D

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a personal call too. Drinks and food supposedly. And I know for sure, I'M no VIP...

Let me know if you still go Alex (or anyone else for that matter), I'll keep an eye out for ya! :D
SoCal's Steetfighter open house turned out really nice, and the Streetfighter is better in person than I remembered, I'm doing a test ride tomorrow 11:am, I'll post up on what I think, Chris I was asking about you, but they said you did not make it, next time buddy, Aloha Alex

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Yeah, I didn't make it. Sorry Alex. One of my friends got into a pretty bad accident but thankfully, she's okay.

I hope to see you on a ride soon!

Chris

SoCal's Steetfighter open house turned out really nice, and the Streetfighter is better in person than I remembered, I'm doing a test ride tomorrow 11:am, I'll post up on what I think, Chris I was asking about you, but they said you did not make it, next time buddy, Aloha Alex

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rode it!!

On Sat I test rode the Streetfighter (base model) for about 25min. at SoCal Ducati, some canyon curves, sweepers, and a blast up a freeway onramp, and a short run down the freeway, and what do I think? its FAAAAAST!! made my XL walnuts shrink down to a pea size! :p but thank goodness she handles good & is real stable at speed, the bike has fantastic front brakes, but none existent back brakes, either needed an adjustment or time to be bedded in.
The power is smooth, almost soft down low, but as the revs climb so does the HP, at 6500RPM she goes into WARP drive, and throttling in 2 gears and a blink of an eye I hit 125MPH on the speedo! :eek: I rolled the throttle in 2nd gear and the front wheel would start to come up, real smooth like, want a longer wheelie? just keep on rolling on the throttle. Man, if I had this bike I probably wouldn't have a drivers licence anymore. The bike I rode had Termies on, and she sounded awsome!
How did I like it compared to the Hyper? its different, thats for sure, but for me, our Hyper is still more fun, the low end TQ of our bike can't be beat, and the Hyper is by far more "flickable" and where you can use most the potential of our bike, there is no way I could use the full potential of the Steetfighter, its just too much bike. (but I'm sure it would be fun trying) Aloha Alex

PS: (husky) Steve, you might want to rethink the MV, and test ride the Streetfighter, you just might change your mind.

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
PS: (husky) Steve, you might want to rethink the MV, and test ride the Streetfighter, you just might change your mind.
I'm gonna speak for Steve on this one: ;)

"Sorry, Alex, but nothing beats inline 4 power. The Brutale chassis is lightyears better than the Streetfighter and it makes nearly the same horsepower. The Duc may be cool, but the Brutale is like a GSX-R with a soul." :eek: :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXBJWQhKcx0&feature=channel_page

:D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts