Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked this in prior years and never received a great answer, so I'll try again:

I'm going to need the 18k service while we are in SoCal over the winter. Is there a dealer that you SoCal multi guys can wholeheartedly recommend? What I'm really looking for is a wrench that works at a dealer that you think really gives a shit about his work and customers. I know no one will ever work on my bike like I would, but someone even close would be awesome. I've had mixed luck at Moto Forza...and I had heard some good things about Pro Italia, but that was some time ago. Any help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I've asked this in prior years and never received a great answer, so I'll try again:

I'm going to need the 18k service while we are in SoCal over the winter. Is there a dealer that you SoCal multi guys can wholeheartedly recommend? What I'm really looking for is a wrench that works at a dealer that you think really gives a shit about his work and customers. I know no one will ever work on my bike like I would, but someone even close would be awesome. I've had mixed luck at Moto Forza...and I had heard some good things about Pro Italia, but that was some time ago. Any help appreciated.
Narrow down the area man, socal is huge. Newport Ducati is good I know. Down here in SD Del Amo Motorsports is exceptional. They did everything I asked and nothing else. GP Moto, also in SD, is good but busy and pricey.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Narrow down the area man, socal is huge. Newport Ducati is good I know. Down here in SD Del Amo Motorsports is exceptional. They did everything I asked and nothing else. GP Moto, also in SD, is good but busy and pricey.
We're over in Palm Springs so it doesn't matter where in LA/SD. I used GP in SD years ago, as the wrench there trained with my main man here in Colorado, but he's now moved on to who knows where. Also, I need an authorized Ducati dealer so there's no bs with a potential warranty claim in the future.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have been going to Pro Italia in Glendale truly a great shop. They have 4 mechanics in their service Dept and everyone working their
is into their brand and motorcycles in general.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have been going to Pro Italia in Glendale truly a great shop. They have 4 mechanics in their service Dept and everyone working their
They seem to have a good rep in general, although I have never done business with them.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And you're happy with the work they have done on your bike(s)?

My daughter was living in Glendale for awhile so I've been in the store, but not in the shop, and it looks great. Their general rep is that they are good, but expensive, which I don't mind if the work is conscientious.

Tangentially related: I recently had the largest dealership in Colorado, where I bought my newest multi, strip the oil drain bolt on the 600 mile service. They actually tried to blame me for it...they did finally fix it, but it was a fight. Needless to say I will never go back and will warn others to avoid at all costs. And they do not care as they are so big.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought my bike at GP Moto and had every service done there over the past 25k miles. I've been happy with everything they've done. For the most part I've been able to get in within a day or so of making an appointment-sometimes even the same day. But there are times of the year when they're backed up.

For reasons I won't get into here, I will NEVER do business with Moto Forza and cannot recommend them for anything.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone have any experience with Beverly Hills Ducati? I had some minor things done on my KTM there but I'll eventually need a desmo service on the Multi I just bought. They quoted something like $1800 for the service.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I bought my bike at GP Moto and had every service done there over the past 25k miles. I've been happy with everything they've done. For the most part I've been able to get in within a day or so of making an appointment-sometimes even the same day. But there are times of the year when they're backed up.

For reasons I won't get into here, I will NEVER do business with Moto Forza and cannot recommend them for anything.
Just called GP Moto because they opened before Del Amo for a brake bleed estimate. Service manager says "can you hold a minute?" 12 minutes later I hung up and called the parts guy to ask about my new Hit-Air Dianese vest. Never mind that epic delay without a phone call...not their fault really.

He offered to "walk over and let him know (an established customer) was on the phone" suggesting that's actually required to get a response. Then, "did you buy the bike here?" like that should matter. Which I guess it does Mandel!

Same service manager I met socially quoted me an hour to rivet a chain on and adjust a clutch cable. Why am I signing for two? "Oh, just in case, it won't take that long." Bill: 2 hours labor. Good work though, bike tracked straighter than before.

Called ahead for exhaust packing material and said "loose fill, like a bunch of yarn, NOT A MAT type." Yes! we have that. Show up and it's a woven mat type. This place is close enough to me to be WAY more convenient, but shit like this keeps piling up.

Soooo, for the OP I recommend Del Amo in Chula Vista if coming to SD. They tend to say "oh, that's a pricey service, here's a breakdown" instead of try to make you think things cost less.

https://www.delamomotorsports-southbay.com/service-repair-motorcycles-utvs-atvs-dealership--service

Thanks for the heads up on Moto Forza. I called there for something service related and the guy on the phone talked like a 12 yr old skater bro on dope. The industry is unbalanced.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi TallOne.

GP Moto asks if you bought the bike there because they give a 10% discount on service if you did. There have been times I've called when I couldn't get through to service, usually in the morning. Going through parts, as you did, gets a quicker response, or waiting til later in the day.

Del Amo is good too and they charge less but it's not a convenient location for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts