Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And then, it happens without you really noticing. He's now a friend and confidant. This has happend three times now. The first was Brian. He bought my lovingly preserved 996. He understood what the bike meant after my daughter and I rebuilt it from frame up. He used it in his wedding photos. He brought his father with him to pick it up. I was just starting my journey with cancer. I was throwing up outside the trailer they loaded the bike in. Never said a word. Never disrespectful.
The second was Chuck, who came down from New York to pick up the Aprilia. I had just started again with chemo and treatment. He was kind, caring and asked what he could do for me. Now, being a proud hardheaded sumbitch, I said nothing just be happy with the bike. We had a little snag but, Chuck being himself, shrugged it off and we worked through it together. WITHOUT ARGUMENT.
Now, we have Lewmoto or Lewsifer (I calls him). Picked up my Hyper when I've lost my job and fucko cancer has snuck into some organs. Totally laid back guy with a million and a half deals going on. Never an argument, just what can I do to help?

I have come to meet some really great folk here. My forum pals, I do not have the words to thank you for the support here and in person. It's unlikely I will meet all of you. It is likely that I will try. If ANY OF YOU find yourself near Pittsburgh and would like to chat or have a bite, need a couch to crash, let me know. I will make room and time to hang out. I have been blessed by our community here. I'd like to pass it on.

Thanks for listenin.
t

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Wishing you best of luck, WileE. Glad you found some good people to buy your bikes.

Reactions: ProphetPVD

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Dude... Let's hit up Primanti Bros' as soon as you've got your appetite back. Seriously, it has been WAY too long since I've had either the ragin' cajun' or the angus sirloin. In fact, I'm getting hungry just thinking about this... Oh, and we have to do either the one on the strip, or south side. I flatly refuse to go to Primanti Bros' anywhere else...

Greentree? Seriously? We deserve better... ;)

Get well sir.

P.S. I am totally fucking serious... let me know.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I'm only an hour and half out of downtown Pittsburgh. My bro-in-law and I can always use an(other) excuse to make a trip over.

Reactions: WileECoyote

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude... Let's hit up Primanti Bros' as soon as you've got your appetite back. Seriously, it has been WAY too long since I've had either the ragin' cajun' or the angus sirloin. In fact, I'm getting hungry just thinking about this... Oh, and we have to do either the one on the strip, or south side. I flatly refuse to go to Primanti Bros' anywhere else...

Greentree? Seriously? We deserve better... ;)

Get well sir.

P.S. I am totally fucking serious... let me know.
I'm only an hour and half out of downtown Pittsburgh. My bro-in-law and I can always use an(other) excuse to make a trip over.
Dude faaak Greentree, we do the OG or nothing. Primantis has been my love since the first time the Coyote came here. (93/94) Went back to the sandbox as reservist. Basically a year and six months. Got off C130 in Pittsburgh and was summarily brought to Primantis on Platoon Sergeants orders. He wanted us to be home and he knew what that meant. My crew is all f3om this area. I have been accepted as the redneck transplant who you can count on. I say y'all, they say yenz..........I'd die for any of em.

Reactions: ProphetPVD and SP3

·
Premium Member
5,337 Posts
Dude faaak Greentree, we do the OG or nothing. Primantis has been my love since the first time the Coyote came here. (93/94) Went back to the sandbox as reservist. Basically a year and six months. Got off C130 in Pittsburgh and was summarily brought to Primantis on Platoon Sergeants orders. He wanted us to be home and he knew what that meant. My crew is all f3om this area. I have been accepted as the redneck transplant who you can count on. I say y'all, they say yenz..........I'd die for any of em.
Phew... after I wrote that I thought maybe an edit was in order. I don't know, maybe you lived in Greentree and would take offense... Am glad to hear that is not the case.

And again, am totally serious. You let me know when you are feeling better and I'll make the time...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts