Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Administrator
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I assume it will be, and I cancelled my COTA tickets anyways, as most of the asshats in Austin, don't want their cooties....

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,102 Posts
No spectators until the current situation improves.
Dorna's plan to date is to have a TV only show and no overseas races.
It is too expensive to bring the show from Europe with no spectators paying to watch it.
Nevertheless, I plan to keep my November COTA tickets until they make it official.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Rainman...I get what you're saying about Austin. The town just rakes you over for the hotels,....$100 Motel 6 and walk out of the shower and my feet are black. If it's in the fall better hope UT has an away game.

Too bad COTA wasn't built in San Antonio.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
I seem to remember $200 Motel 6's in Monterey for the Laguna Seca races.
Part of why I stopped going. It got to be a minimum $1000 weekend. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
MotoGP ... yawn. A bunch of motorcycles that bear zero resemblance to the brand name sticker on the airbox cover ... the Repsol Hondas are as much ~Hondas~ as my Toyota pickup truck is.

I don't no ... I just have a hard time being interested in MGP. I've tried ... I really have. I'll watch if there's nothing else on. The bikes are pretty neat looking. But, I guess I'm just not a "real fan". For whatever reasons, MotoAmerica .. World SBK (to a lesser degree somewhat) .. seem to appeal to me more. Maybe it's the idea of stock (ahem) bikes transformed into racing machines that attracts me. Not sure, really.

I would go to see an MGP event at COTA if the timing and money worked out for us ... in a second! But as far as being a fanatic enthusiast (aka "fan") ... I suppose I'm not there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
MotoGP ... yawn. A bunch of motorcycles that bear zero resemblance to the brand name sticker on the airbox cover ... the Repsol Hondas are as much ~Hondas~ as my Toyota pickup truck is.

I don't no ... I just have a hard time being interested in MGP. I've tried ... I really have. I'll watch if there's nothing else on. The bikes are pretty neat looking. But, I guess I'm just not a "real fan". For whatever reasons, MotoAmerica .. World SBK (to a lesser degree somewhat) .. seem to appeal to me more. Maybe it's the idea of stock (ahem) bikes transformed into racing machines that attracts me. Not sure, really.

I would go to see an MGP event at COTA if the timing and money worked out for us ... in a second! But as far as being a fanatic enthusiast (aka "fan") ... I suppose I'm not there.

Why are you in a MotoGP thread just to moan that you don't like MotoGP?

·
Administrator
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awww Rex baby, take a chill pill man.
Some of us like it man, and you don't have to piss on our parade....

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Sorry Rex but MotoGP is tops of it all. Best riders, best personalities, best machines, diverse equipment and close racing.

No racing series on 2 or 4 wheels is close IMO.
Sorry Member *LowRyter ... don't care. :) Best Personalities? Diverse Equipment? Best riders? Close racing? Wow, you've clearly drank the Kool Aid! Well, that's great actually. I'm glad you love your MGP racing .. that's a good thing. I'm serious! I just don't share your enthusiasm for it. "Best" is a deeply subjective thing. MGP is the best of nothing if a person doesn't care for it.

:)

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
When Speedvision (RIP) had the whole lineup and the day-long marathon started with the WSBK it was more engaging to watch the modded stock bikes because it seemed like watching myself riding 10/10 all day. Over the last ten years the riders and electronics have homogenized the experience. Moto2 is rad, I have the Sling TV package for racing and they are my favorite.

Watching Nicky win live at Laguna Seca in 105F heat while on shrooms in the big oak trees above turn two was pretty rad. Totally unplanned on my part. I walked into the ice trailer in desperation and caught two late teens preparing weed to smoke outside. They immediately bribed me to keep quiet so we ended up behind generators and the boy said "I have these too" holding out a hefty sack of cubes. Yes please! I hadn't done that in 20 years and the setting was perfect. All the drunks were miserable and I was up a shady tree, tripping, lounging like a leopard.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry Member *LowRyter ... don't care. :) Best Personalities? Diverse Equipment? Best riders? Close racing? Wow, you've clearly drank the Kool Aid! Well, that's great actually. I'm glad you love your MGP racing .. that's a good thing. I'm serious! I just don't share your enthusiasm for it. "Best" is a deeply subjective thing. MGP is the best of nothing if a person doesn't care for it.

:)
I would tend to disagree with the characterization that "best" is subjective.

Certainly agree that "best personalities" is subjective but "best riders, best machines, diverse equipment and close racing," not so much. I think those things are objectively true. You may not care for it but the bikes and riders are faster, the racing is closer and the equipment is a step above and much different from team to team.

Attending a Moto GP race really is better than about any races I've attended except the Indy 500. But I'll grant you that is subjective on my part.

I'll skip the Koolaid but have a Scotch, thank you very much. 🧴

1 - 16 of 16 Posts